MFT v2.10 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT v2.10

you dont like it because you dont understand. but people are trying to explain to you.

With that logic, then 2.81 is 73 versions advanced from 2.8

See why I don't like it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I fully understand it, and if you throw 2.8.1 in there, then I'm good with it.

That's not how you have it.

You have 2.81 in succession with 2.10, 2.11, etc.

wow... really not worth spending too much time but...

first number is usually version number
second number is used as build number.
from there you can have subsets to represent patches and patches of patches.

2.8 can be 2.8.0.0 but for public use, why use it.
they come out with new builds they can use 2.9, 2.10, 2.11.
they can also be noted as 2.9.0, 2.10.0, 2.11.0

and their could really be patches within that ford just doesnt feel like putting out there for people like you to fry their brains on.

there really could have been a 2.8.5 or 2.8.11 and then go to 2.9

do you see why next build update from 2.9 +.1 doesnt = 3.0? because the build is still part of the version 2.

usually going to a version 3 means that it's a major change... like from windows 7 to the upcoming windows 8.

oh boy that was fun.

Incremental version numbers can be anything developers want them to be. I've seen every possible incrementing of versions, standards are pretty meaningless. Once marketing gets involved there's no telling what will happen. :)

wow... really not worth spending too much time but...

first number is usually version number
second number is used as build number.
from there you can have subsets to represent patches and patches of patches.

2.8 can be 2.8.0.0 but for public use, why use it.
they come out with new builds they can use 2.9, 2.10, 2.11.
they can also be noted as 2.9.0, 2.10.0, 2.11.0

and their could really be patches within that ford just doesnt feel like putting out there for people like you to fry their brains on.

there really could have been a 2.8.5 or 2.8.11 and then go to 2.9

do you see why next build update from 2.9 +.1 doesnt = 3.0? because the build is still part of the version 2.

usually going to a version 3 means that it's a major change... like from windows 7 to the upcoming windows 8.

oh boy that was fun.
Thank you for taking the time to post that. I hope that the version numbering system questions have been cleared up.

Cory

does arguing over version numbers do anything to clear up the fact mft still sucks in my car?

does arguing over version numbers do anything to clear up the fact mft still sucks in my car?
It’s important to me that the issues you’ve experiencing are looked into further, and I see that you replied to my private message. I appreciate your patience while I work to have your concerns escalated. Thank you for your patience.

Cory

I have V2.7 and Syncmyride still says that I am fully upgraded. I know there is a V2.8 that is a dealer install only, so I still trust that Syncmyride is accurate for my vehicle.

I was at the dealer yet again today having my SYNC MFT reprogrammed for a fault message that stated the navigation system was inoperative. The tech hooked up the diagnostic tool and it showed a fault from the GPS module that it had lost connection with the APIM.

He contacted Ford Tech Support Hotline they told him he cannot replace the GPS module yet he has to do a battery disconnect and then see if the fault message re-appears.

Of course he couldn't get it to re-appear so I have the truck back after only the battery disconnect.

I asked about v2.10 and he did mention that they got a technical bulletin stating they are NOT to program any 11Explorers with v2.10 as testing has identified some problems in the Explorer that the Focus doesn't have.

So maybe v2.10 will be out shortly, who knows.

I was at the dealer yet again today having my SYNC MFT reprogrammed for a fault message that stated the navigation system was inoperative. The tech hooked up the diagnostic tool and it showed a fault from the GPS module that it had lost connection with the APIM.

He contacted Ford Tech Support Hotline they told him he cannot replace the GPS module yet he has to do a battery disconnect and then see if the fault message re-appears.

Of course he couldn't get it to re-appear so I have the truck back after only the battery disconnect.

I asked about v2.10 and he did mention that they got a technical bulletin stating they are NOT to program any 11Explorers with v2.10 as testing has identified some problems in the Explorer that the Focus doesn't have.

So maybe v2.10 will be out shortly, who knows.

I did the exact same thing yesterday. Battery disconnect at the dealer first thing in the morning.

I then spent the entire day watching the sytem reboot itself many times, go black while driving, lock up for a full ten minutes while playing AM radio that i couldn't change, the climate couldn't be accessed, screen froze on attempt to enter "Los Angeles" as a city portion of an address entry, the voice response is muted to where you can't hear the prompts when calling in to travel link, trying to pull up previous destinations again yields the blank list of entries, etc etc etc.

Needless to say, my passengers where very "impressed?" with my cool new car...

I ultimately relied on my iPhone for Navigation as we drove 163 miles around Los Angeles County to about 17 different locations, but I tried the factory unit each time and mostly failed.

It did work during rush hour for a portion, and routed us through a crazy street level path from Pasadena to Culver City that totally avoided accidents, construction, and gridlock. We decided to go for it and see if it would work. Pretty impressive. Now... Make that happen all the time please Ford. Make my system work.

I have V2.7 and Syncmyride still says that I am fully upgraded. I know there is a V2.8 that is a dealer install only, so I still trust that Syncmyride is accurate for my vehicle.
I have your Explorer’s details from other communications, so please let me know if this is something you would like me to look in to.

Sgt1411, this sounds frustrating to have the issue not reappear. I remember that you had another concern escalated but I’m curious to know if this was included. Let me know if there’s anything I can do.

Loganfilm, I posted on another thread but I’ll mention it here just in case: You are scheduled to be called today about your concerns. Let me know how it goes.

Cory

Dealer updated my Ex to 2.10 and now they can not get the Nav working so another 3 days in the shop. Does it take a rocket scientist to do these updates?

Jack

Back