My 1992 Explorer Sport with a 4.0L has a rough idle problem with codes. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 1992 Explorer Sport with a 4.0L has a rough idle problem with codes.

Gidalya

Reaction score
City, State
Fl.
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 sport 4.0
Nu-B Gidalya here, I need to know where to look on this forum for a solution to my 92 exp 4.0 sport (man. Trans) rough idle problem. It first started when CEL came on so I took it to a shop and they said it was my MAF sensor, so I replaced it. I also have a vacuum line off but dont know where it goes to. The vacuum line is located on pass. side in engine compartment coming from an oval looking canister with 2 vacuum lines hooked to it. One line to (one in question) just hangs down in the engine compartment! I pulled codes and they are: KOEO; 52, 25, 22. then on second pass 22, 23, 57, 58, and repeat of second pass 22,23,57,58. Ive replaced the MAF sensor, IAC? (the thing that is attached to the int. man). code 22 reflects a MAP sensor not MAF sensor but I cant seem to find my MAP sensor on the vehicle either. Sorry for being so dumb!

I would read the codes again, because I think you mis-read them. A '92 should be outputting 3 digit codes, not 2 digit codes.

Back