Obd1.5

truckerb1

Reaction score
City, State
Leon Ia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Limited
Hey All,
Have just recently bought a 1995 Ex Limited ( I know the "Orphan" ) and I'm getting the dreaded "Flashing O/D Light" . Using a Innova 3145 code reader , read codes and am not getting anything related to trans. Is this my cheap reader
or am I just asking to much from the OBD 1.5 ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not real familiar with the '95's. The first thing I would do is try pulling codes with a paper clip and see if I got the same result.

Thanks for your reply,
Yes I get the same codes
KOEO 159 (Mass Air Flow sensor fault above or below normal)
KOER 159 (Mass Air Flow sensor fault above or below normal)
KOER 173 (HEGO (HO2S) sensor fault / rich
KOER 137 (HEGO (HO2S) sensor fault,always rich

working on fixing these codes tonight after work

The trans on the 95 is OBDII.

You wont be able to pull trans codes with your reader, or with the paperclip method.
Trans codes has to be pulled with a trans code reader only. That means, if you don't own one, or know someone with this special tool, a trip to the dealer or a trans shop is in order.

Until then reset the ECM by draining its memory. Disconnect the battery for about 5-10 mins. That will get it out of limp mode (OD light flashing), and you will be able to drive it to the shop.

Thanks gmanpaint
have read the forums for days At least now I can stop beating my head on the workbench
about that much .

Back