Owners of X's with 31x10.50 tires with NO LIFTs | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Owners of X's with 31x10.50 tires with NO LIFTs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's mine back a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• DSC01005.JPG
    DSC01005.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 3,103

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

This thread is acting stupid...shows 8 pages on my screen, yet when I click on page 7 or 8, it automatically goes to page 6. WTF!

I mentioned this months ago, no one said anything though.

I dont see page 7 or 8 .. tested with Opera, FF, and Konqueror on Linux. What are your OS/browser combos?

WinXP SP3/ FF 3.0.6

Vista 32 bit ultimate, IE, Firefox
Linux 64bit (Fedora Core 10) Firefox.

This issue with this thread has been around for quite some time now... I'm not sure if we're missing any posts though.. doesn't seem like there's a gap in peoples comments...

hey on the flip side... the post are starting to catch up to the page numbers... we were on page 6 and it showed 7/8 which were untouchable.. now we are on page 7 with 8 untouchable! lol we are making progress:D

--Double post... weird.--

Someone asked a while ago how wide you should go on 15x7 stockers. My general rule is Wheel Width + 3" to 4". Much more than that and you run into tire wear and bead issues. Especially when running low pressure.

It also depends on your sidewall size, if you have a really tall sidewall the stress on the bead isn't as extreme so you may be able to go over more. On the other hand, if you have a shorter sidewall you may want to keep it to 2" over wheel width, or less.

Why Doesnt some one restart another thread for the same thing? lol

This one already has pictures, plus starting a duplicate thread around here is a no-no.

I thought they could take the first 7 pages duplicate them and delete the old one, sorry it was just a thought.

It'll probably catch up eventually.

This is before the 31s and soft 8s
IMG_0146.jpg

And this is after
IMG_0189.jpg

Just got mine put on today , don't have a lift either. Sorry about the picture quality , I used my mp3 player. It makes it look like the pictures were actually taken in 1994 lol.

ak000027.jpg

Back