P0463 2005 Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P0463 2005 Ford Explorer

Explorer4ever

Reaction score
The service engine soon light came on after abont 33,000 miles. i plugged in
scanner and it read code P0463. What does that mean and what do i need to do.

P0463 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Input im not exactly sure what that means... to me it kinda sounds like theres a fault in ur tank float or something of the like.. not too much time researching it, but the little i did had no info really.. maybe you can search it up some more.. but also u have an 05 there should still be some sort of factory warranty left on it.. call your local dealer.. check the warranty info and also ask them to check your vin nuber and see if there are any recalls on it for this or anything else for that matter ( never a bad idea to get that stuff take care of) both of those should be free for you... if the one you call says no call a few others just incase... but im pretty sure the warranty is either 3 or 4 yrs and depending on the manuf. date.. also i dont know if u usually get it serviced at a dealer or not, but if there is one u preferr and they tell you the warranty is up you can try to talk to the service anager and see if he will honor it anyway because you have such low mileage.. ive worked at a few dealerships and we have done that multiple times in the past for good customers or ppl who are just nice (cuz they get paid for the work from the warranty company anyway) let me know hoe it goes

Back