22" chrome wheels | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

22" chrome wheels

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

why does everyone here think chrome = too bling blingy? Sort of a stereotype if u ask me.... Ive seen cars that look overdone and too bling blingy, but i dont think chrome rims always mean its going to look that way. When chrome is clean, it looks awesome because you can see tons of reflections and just looks smooth. I think there is such thing as a chrome rim that isnt bling bling. On the other hand there are chrome rims that are just too bling blingy (like the lexani crystals that are just solid pieces of chrome). Im not a chrome head and you wont be seeing me getting every inch i can chrome painted, but i think that some of y'all need to give chrome a chance, you might like it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

heh... i used to be a avid member of anti-rice.com until i got banned twice and I told em i wanted 20s and they said that it was rice and all 20's are bling bling... But f-150s can have 20s and the x5 can have 19 and thats okay :rolleyes:

personally, i dont think chrome wheels are bling blingy. i just think some are. it has nothing to do with wheel finish with me, only wheel STYLE. and BTW, even though im not into bling-bling, it doesnt mean bling-bling should be a bad thing.

IF ANYBODY THINKS MY RIMS ARE "BLING BLING", SO BE IT!

:cool:

I guess I should make myself clear too. All of the 20's I saw that would fit an explorer in chrome were too bling-bling, not just because they were chrome, but because of the style. I would love to have my 20's in chrome, that would be awesome, but they don't make them, not to mention they would be a lot more expensive too.

ok i had to chime in here. just like 02 Xsport said i didnt notice a big difference in the bumpiness of the ride. in fact the tires quieted down alot(i had some pretty meaty tread tires on there before). and also i had aloooot more grab on the road. of course it does feel like being that these rims are heavier than stockers that power was sacrificed. i like these tires in wet road conditions though they dont break traction half as much as my stocks did. i didnt even have to try to squeal my tires in my X before these and i could even on a straightaway. with these it takes from a dead stop deliberate burnout to do it(like i would do this with my new tires anyways) if i ever save enough money up i want to get a new set of wheels with drag radials on the back. maybe go with 15's or 16's whichever is stronger. but that would be strictly for racing at the track. and that would be after the 347 goes in and suspension had been done. so pretty much what i am saying is that i will probably never have the drag radials. lol. well hartmann i think your rims look nice. the photoshopped version looked really badass. well here is a pic of my rims with no rub. They are KMC V2's and just rims cost $2300 tires went another $650.

Attachments

• after-bugguard-off1.jpg
    after-bugguard-off1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 193

Do you notice anyside effects of having 20's like the speedo being off and car is constantly outta alignment?

the speedo will only be off if the tire height on the 20's is different than the stock tire height. as far as alignment, 20's really have nothing to do with that.

james is right. the speedo should not be off and if it is because of some weird tire size. then all you need is to get the little replacement calibrtion gear for the speedo. as for alignment mine rides straight as an arrow all day long. i like the ride with my rims.

Gwt 20's. 22's are much more $$$.. Personally im gettin 17" Cobra R's ...

Back