Petition to get 4x4's access to Ft Hood (Texas) again. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Petition to get 4x4's access to Ft Hood (Texas) again.

Randall

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Space City, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2024 Bronco
2000 F-250
Callsign
KF5ZXT / WRZY675
Petition set up to open up a Texas trail system in Fort Hood, found over on Texas4x4.org. I encourage all to sign, it couldn't hurt.

rocknjeep said:
The time is now. My club militaryjeepers.com are working on getting access to wheel on Ft Hood again. It has been 12 years since it was banned. The reason Ft Hood commanders banned wheeling access was because military service members and civilians were not following simple range rules. I need at least 500 names to sign this petition to get this up and running again. If you have not been to Ft Hood before, it is truely a sight. imagine trails that you could run on that was used by tanks. There is some gnarly trails waiting for us.
Please help the military jeepers, Texas4x4.org, and area surrounding Ft Hood to enjoy Ft Hood again as it once was.
Below is a link to the petition. You want to know the best part... No park fees.
https://www.change.org/petitions/fort-hood-texas-reopen-training-areas-for-full-sized-4x4-s#news

Mod's, if this post is in the wrong section, let me know where to post it. I wanted to post it in the section with the most traffic.
Thanks for viewing.

Mike Humpherys

In the not-so-distant past, Fort Hood allowed off-road capable vehicles to enjoy specific training areas on the installation for recreational "wheeling." Even though Fort Hood contains an incredible source of terrain for off-road enthusiasts, it is currently off limits for this type of use according to Fort Hood regulation 210-3; ATV's and dirtbikes, however, have been given a brand new dedicated facility to ride in.

It is currently very difficult for recreational off-roaders to find areas in Texas to legally ride without having to pay significant entrance fees to privately owned parks and traveling several hours to these few locations. Fort Hood already has the knowledge of how to successfully manage the allowance of off-roading in the training area, leaving no reason why it should be currently forbidden. The installation even stands to gain significant money from reinstating a 4x4 program. The post would also be able to regulate as they please, and check-in procedures and buddy-system requirements help protect Fort Hood from liabilities regarding safety, vehicle recovery, etc. There are also many individuals in the community willing to dedicate some of their time to maintaining the area and helping more novice wheelers.

I am confident that this would be a very successful program should Fort Hood decide to pursue it once again. It would be a fantastic morale booster for those currently serving, and a wonderful new way for the post to reconnect with it's surrounding community at virtually no cost to the post. Off-roaders could also be an excellent source of information for teams that are working to preserve and protect the environment of Fort Hood.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Signed. A little out of my neighborhood at the moment but I do plan to hit the good ones across the country one day. For the sake of the future of wheeling.

Tried signing it but apparently it doesnt recognize my zip code :scratch:. Hopefully itll work later. Texas is a little bit of a ride for me but its always nice seein more legal trails opening up. Good luck with everything :thumbsup:

I have heard that that issue occures from attempting to use the site through a mobile device. It should work from a computer (or from full site from your phone - unverified).

Thanks all!

Lol i was tryin through my phone. When im outta work ill get on an actual computer and sign it :D

100 signatures added since this time yesterday. Make sure yours in on the list!

And thanks again to those that are!

Back