[photo diary] My 1994 explorer | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

[photo diary] My 1994 explorer

Nice progress.....Keep up the good work!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so everythings all straight just gotta get it inspected and get tags, but i wanna do some mods... hehehehe tube doors is one,

so no pics cuz i lost my phone but i pulled the intake off to fix a leaking fuel injector, took 3 days because of weather but its working now. My next goal is to get it to pass inspection. Sigh. The signal lights quit working, but the hazard lights work, and reverse lights arent working. somethimes i really hate this truck. it also has a check engine light.
Make sure horn works, all lights work, wiper blades are good and all that crap. NC doesn't require emissions for earlier than 96. So I don't think you need to worry about the CEL for inspection.

Did replacing the fuse fix your problems?

is it a fuse in the fuse box or the power dist box?, also took it mudding today with a buddy,
396973_3050675104410_1189221128_33358724_125188246_n.jpg

we were in a big field behind a business, we were taking turns driving and doing doughnuts and climbing a huge hill. We stopped to trade turns, and we turned around and there were 10 guys watching us offroad it :p: it was fun and the truck did very well
405210_3050668024233_1189221128_33358722_619383657_n.jpg

409380_3043215317920_1189221128_33355466_1009415063_n.jpg

i did get it stuck sunday,
393894_3039921715582_1189221128_33353890_1246736518_n.jpg

i dont have the front drive shaft hooked up, two dudes on bikes were watching and came and helped me get it unstuck :p im glad i kept this thing.

It is under the dash, fuse near the flasher sitting up and down 15amp.

I tried changing it wasnt blown, im thinking its the turn signal switch

I just find it odd that your signals don't work nor do the reverse lights. Do the signals light up on the dash at all?

The fuse I'm referring to controls all the above. It might be in a diff location than mine. I have a owners manual for a 93, and it's a little bit different setup than mine, but still got me where I needed to go.

when i turn on the hazard lights they do, but when i try to signal, i get nothing on the dash, and none of the lights work

when i turn on the hazard lights they do, but when i try to signal, i get nothing on the dash, and none of the lights work

The hazards run off of a separate fuse themselves.

The turn signals, reverse lights, and dash indicators for the turn signals run off of one fuse.

If I need to I'm off work tonight, so I could put up a couple of pics to show you what I'm referring to.

Basic auto maintenance rule #1: check all the free stuff (or close to free) before you toss parts at it. I consider fuses free. Electrical work is a PITA (I hate it). I keep mentioning fuse(s) because my truck did the EXACT same thing your is doing.

The hazards run off of a separate fuse themselves.

The turn signals, reverse lights, and dash indicators for the turn signals run off of one fuse.

If I need to I'm off work tonight, so I could put up a couple of pics to show you what I'm referring to.

Basic auto maintenance rule #1: check all the free stuff (or close to free) before you toss parts at it. I consider fuses free. Electrical work is a PITA (I hate it). I keep mentioning fuse(s) because my truck did the EXACT same thing your is doing.

if you could post some pics that would be awesome!

So i thought id post a list for future reference of the things i need to do to my truck...

Fix a cel
get the seatbelts to retract properly
get a new grill
fix the turn signals
hook up the front drive shaft
build my safari rack (at the bottom of my list)
and a plethora of other things.

here's the pic.... the circled fuse controls the dash indicators for turn signals, the turn signals, and the reverse lights.

Yours should be in a similar location.

yep thats the one i replaced, cuz it was blown. My reverse lights started working again as well as the ac but still no turn signals. Im pretty sure its the multi function switch :(

Well i got off my lazy ass and cleaned out my garage, after we got the truck running we just threw everything in and left it so tonight i cleaned it and backed the truck in to keep it out of the rain. also i have 2 friends wanting me to do some exhaust stuff and i need a place (apartment management have been getting pissed at me for working in the parking lot)
404887_3079816472926_1189221128_33370559_369242881_n.jpg

Might try the flasher module in the fuse panel. They can go bad and would cause you to lose turn signals.

i still have hazard lights though

Might try the flasher module in the fuse panel. They can go bad and would cause you to lose turn signals.

i still have hazard lights though

Maybe the flasher module is kinda like a dual filament bulb? one part works one don't?

In all my years turning wrenches, I've maybe replaced 1 flasher unit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe the flasher module is kinda like a dual filament bulb? one part works one don't?

In all my years turning wrenches, I've maybe replaced 1 flasher unit.

I may just pull the multi function switch off and see if i can maybe repair it... if not its like 40 bucks.. not a huge deal.

Back