Rear view camera | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear view camera

Anybody know of a cheap, small camera and monitor that can be mounted to the trailer so I can see behind it while traveling? (not just to back up) I just don't feel comfortable not seeing anything back there.

Seems like there are some wireless security cameras that people are starting to use on Amazon. Signal sent from rear-mounted camera, to receiver stuck to the inside rear window. Then a cable is run from the receiver to a monitor (purchased separately), mounted on the dash. IIRC, I think the camera was about $25 on Amazon. Monitors vary, and are easy to find, but his was $100. If I can find the thread on another site, I'll post back here.

Thank you! That may be just what I'm looking for. May have to rig one up from various parts, rather than buy a kit, but doesn't matter so long as I can see whats behind me!

I'm thinking of going with a wired set. The wireless is more convenient, but I think I'd get a better more consistent image with the wired connection. Besides, I have to hitch the trailer, the chains, the light/brake plug and the e-brake cable, whats one more connection?

Back