• Register Today It's free!

Removal of dash - 2011 explorer

Emanda Schwarz

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer Ltd
I have a 2011 Ford Explorer (limited edition). It has recently began making a clicking noise which we believe is the recirculating air valve getting stuck. We would like to fix this ourselves but need some good guidance on how to remove the dash. Does anyone know where all the connections are on the dash so wr make sure to not damage the dash getting it off? Does it have to completely come off to get to the valve? (Looking for diagrams, video, guidance). Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2011 Ford Explorer (limited edition). It has recently began making a clicking noise which we believe is the recirculating air valve getting stuck. We would like to fix this ourselves but need some good guidance on how to remove the dash. Does anyone know where all the connections are on the dash so wr make sure to not damage the dash getting it off? Does it have to completely come off to get to the valve? (Looking for diagrams, video, guidance). Thank you.
Welcome to the Forum Emanda.:wave:
I think it may be the Blend Door Actuator problem that LukerDooker included in his post. The actuator in the video is located behind the glove box. See if you can isolate the noise to that area. No need to remove the dash for that. Good luck.

Peter

I agree, that is probably the culprit.

Thank you all for the warm welcome and the responses! It warms my heart people are willing to help me. I can't wait to see about getting the glove box off to see if the issue can be resolved easily :)

Well, I'm working on it now and got the glovebox off and this is what I see... only half of it - one screw I'm going to have to come up with a creative way to get to it?!

IMG_1146.JPG

There is more that needs to come apart:

Back