• Register Today It's free!

Roof rack help

sephinney

Reaction score
City, State
Modesto, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 XLT
I have a 2006 xlt without crossbars for the roof rack. While I had a 2004 XLT I had cargo box for skiing, so I need the cross bars.

Since the new one didn't come with them I took them off the old one (Fleet vehicles) But I can't figure out how to get them on the new truck. (Or if they will even fir on the new truck.)

Does anyone know how to take the long tracks apart so I can get the cross bars on this new vehicle?

I tried to use mine off of my 2002 Mountaineer. They are not long enough. You have to get the one's for the 2006. To get them on you have to pry the rear covers off. Pull them up with your hand and use a screw driver to pry it up from the back of the cover. They are easy to put on , it wont take a long time once the rear covers are removed.

I just took mine off and you're welcome to them but the shipping to Modesto would prob. be more than they are worth. My 06 XLT will never see luggage -- If it doesn't fit in the back -- that person stays home

FJB20 said:
I just took mine off and you're welcome to them but the shipping to Modesto would prob. be more than they are worth. My 06 XLT will never see luggage -- If it doesn't fit in the back -- that person stays home

Please PM me with what you would like for them to 98038.

Thanks!

Back