Re-Adjusting Roof Rack Cross Bars | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Re-Adjusting Roof Rack Cross Bars

16EBBOY

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Eddie Bauer V6
I have a 2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer with the roof rack cross bars, but ever since i purchased it, the cross bars with both pushed all the way to the back. I would like to move them evenely spaced to the front and rear like normal, how do you do this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On each cross bar, on each side where the bar ties in to the roof rack, there should be circles that you can loosen and tighten. they almost look like theyre meant to have a string or rope passed through, but if you loosen both you should be able to slide each cross bar.

Ditto,

I found that the screws can get kind of stuck and I had to insert a screwdriver through the little hoops to get enough leverage to loosen them. Be careful not to break them though.
Once the screws are loose and you tapped the bar loose, you should be able to slide them back and forth.

On each cross bar, on each side where the bar ties in to the roof rack, there should be circles that you can loosen and tighten. they almost look like theyre meant to have a string or rope passed through, but if you loosen both you should be able to slide each cross bar.
Do you know if the cross bars on a 1997 Ford explorer Eddie Bauer edition are adjustable I need mine closer together

I think you want to ask this question here:

This is 06-10 forum so members here would not know unless they have the 2nd gen X.

Back