Secondary Transmission Filter Installed (Feedback) | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Secondary Transmission Filter Installed (Feedback)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used loctite 567 PST sealant, fairly common around here.
you should be able to get pipe sealant paste at any auto parts or hardware store.

The tapped hole for the temp sender should be 1/8 NPT.(most are)

aldive said:
Its kinda hard to find and expensive; I have a large bottle and will be glad to give you some. Let me know.

thanks if i send you a new unopened hyperdermic needle and a SASE will that work?

exgmman said:
It will have the 1/8" NPT tapped hole,

what is NPT?

Charlie's_93EB said:
thanks if i send you a new unopened hyperdermic needle and a SASE will that work?

what is NPT?

That should work. I will be leaving for Atlanta and South Carolina early Monday and not be back till the following Monday.

NPT = National Pipe Thread.

I changed the aux tranny fiter today. The ATF ( Amsoil ) that drained out of it was a bright red as new ( I actually compaired it in test tubes ). I also disected the filter ( a K & N ) and found absoultly nothing inside ( particle wise ) as has been the case every time.

EDIT: Forgot to mention 20k miles on this filter and ATF.

Attachments

• DSC00880.jpg
    DSC00880.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 702

aldive said:
I changed the aux tranny fiter today. The ATF ( Amsoil ) that drained out of it was a bright red as new ( I actually compaired it in test tubes ). I also disected the filter ( a K & N ) and found absoultly nothing inside ( particle wise ) as has been the case every time.

EDIT: Forgot to mention 20k miles on this filter and ATF.

That's very interesting. It must mean that your trans. is in very good condition. :)

I will remove and disect mine after about 25,000 kms...

:ca:

Opend the filter....Finally!! It had alot of dark fluid still trapped in it. Large particles trapped in the filter media. around the size of table salt and pepper. Some metal fragments. from something I have done in the past I'm sure. I tries the new housing with the 15psi by-pass. I have noticed no difference. I was wandering if my pump is weak or going would the added resistance cause a problem?

I am only reading about 30-48 psi at the filter. Is the normal running pressure suposed to be around 70-78 psi?

I know that I need a new TC and maybe a pump. Future project.

i was thinking the other day that my tranny has vent holes,right?

well will mounting the filter above the tanny lead to ATF leaking out?

I ask this b/c i saw someone with a white EX on the site that has it monted pretty high(safe from rocks) near the rad over flow/washer tubs. I like up there but an afraid of burning up the tranny

aldive said:
Looking good, Hank.

Are you running synthetic fluid?

Hi Al, forgot to answer this in an earlier post. But....

NOPE!!!

I buy the cheapest stuff I can find at Advanced or AutoZone. Their house brands such as Valucraft, or brands like Coastal. If it is SAE approved it is good enough for me...

I use the cheapest plugs I can find, Autolite, Champion, etc. Autozone plug wires.

And GASP! I change my oil every 5k.

149k on the odo :)

:)

this is something i got 2 bump this thread its amazing just read the whole thing took me like 2 hours LoL i cant wait to order my filter im just wondering if some1 can give me a link to order it since i tryed and could not find it and i would also like to know wich K&N filter i should use!! thanks in advance
i love this site as much as i love my x =]

Charlie's_93EB said:
i was thinking the other day that my tranny has vent holes,right?

well will mounting the filter above the tanny lead to ATF leaking out?

I ask this b/c i saw someone with a white EX on the site that has it monted pretty high(safe from rocks) near the rad over flow/washer tubs. I like up there but an afraid of burning up the tranny

mine is mount up front above the front bumper and is well above the vent l ine and i have had no problem yet

zhanx said:
mine is mount up front above the front bumper and is well above the vent l ine and i have had no problem yet

3 months later :D thanks j/k

to tell you the truth mine is still in the box, i will get to it when i he the BL

you know well.... umm i just noticed it wa never answered thats all

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FexplorerV8 said:
this is something i got 2 bump this thread its amazing just read the whole thing took me like 2 hours LoL i cant wait to order my filter im just wondering if some1 can give me a link to order it since i tryed and could not find it and i would also like to know wich K&N filter i should use!! thanks in advance
i love this site as much as i love my x =]

I can't seem to directly link it for you. The one I used was part# SUM-G4980.

Go to summitracing.com and enter the part# in the seach function and you'll see it.

Lee

Back