Show Off Your Lifted Sport Trac!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show Off Your Lifted Sport Trac!!!

As for wheels, doesn't relay matter, but I would keep it within spec if it were me. As for upgraded control arms, Moog makes a real solid unit. I would wait until they fail and go with the Moog ones myself.

so if it were between specs, which offset should i get cause im into the offroad look and i want the wheels. Where can i get the moog control arms?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so if it were between specs, which offset should i get cause im into the offroad look and i want the wheels. Where can i get the moog control arms?

-25 gives you the most rim sticking out of the wheel well possible. a 8inch runs flush with the fender flares. As for Moog arms, Napa caries them up here. not sure about the US.

-25 gives you the most rim sticking out of the wheel well possible. a 8inch runs flush with the fender flares. As for Moog arms, Napa caries them up here. not sure about the US.

alright thanks. i was also looking at trying to do a body lift, because i hate how my trac is not as high as the body lifted tacomas on the road? have you done a body lift on yours or did you even do a lift on your trac?

or has anyone attempted to do a body lift?

Not anymore, I was looking into a used traxxx kit, but the fellow I was going to buy it from talked me out of it. He was taking it out after his third set of ball joints. The Rancho shocks looked like a better option to me, but still hard on ball joints I bet. As for the body lift, I haven't looked into it yet.
That was all before my timing chain debacle. Right now I am just riding out my truck until I get some bills paid off (another year or two) and then I am going to sell it and buy a Tacoma.

alright, so my Trac still looks awesome even if i wanted to change some things again, but im still doing more upgrades to it, such as a light bar and probably ordering another set of rims, but in the mean time, lets see those lifted tracs

Here is my 4X4 Sport Trac with a HUGE LIFT!

gsdfgsdfgasdgwegsdfv_zpsl5h27dpi.jpg

dfgsdgsdfgsdfgsdfbgvsfg_zpsx1wekpql.jpg

Lame, I know. 35 foot lift rented from Home Depot. Weighed 3400.

haha, did the V8 have any problems pulling it?

Nice, I love lame jokes.

lets bring this back to the top with more pics!:)

Gotta do my lift soon lol

has anyone added a body lift or body ift with suspension lift?

I love this truck. Its 07 I bought in 2013 with under 25k miles on it. Limited with the 4x4 push button on the dash. too cool.

I had it about 3 month before lifting and putting 33.03 Nittos grapplers on 15" American outlaw rims. They are lightweight and have been durable. ABSOLUTLEY no rubbing in ANY direction. Also added some Sport trac decals along the hood, blacked out the mirrors and top rails. Plan to do the bottom rails and grill soon.

Runs like a top down the highway at 80 - low road noise and bounce from these tires. I recommend them.

SkynetSTraised.jpg

07ST_W_3lift_32wheels_Side.jpg

hello, i was wondering what body lift did you use please

My 2007 Sport Trac Limited V8 4X4

I have had my 2007 Sport Trac Limited V8 4x4 for only 4 months now & driven it for 13,500 miles.

I work out of town so I drive home weekly, driving roughly 3300-3500 miles a month.

I wanted a comfortable sharp looking truck, along with towing ability to haul my Polaris RZR SxS in style. I love the way the truck rides & handles.

And for Wisconsin winters you can't beat the 4X4 & the heated leather seats. :thumbsup:

I installed P255 / 70 / R18 Firestone Destination AT tires, the Truxxx leveling kit & new Rancho struts. Seems like it raised it maybe 3"-4".

I added a new front grill, bull bar, 17" LED light bar, "blacked out" headlights, bug screen and brighter bulbs.

Overall I am very happy with the whole setup. It raised the truck roughly 3"-4" providing plenty of clearance. The last picture of me pulling my trailer shows the bigger tires on without the lift or struts installed yet.

The added height helps me see further down the road and can allow me to shine my lights in those slow cars that always seem to be blocking my way. lol

Wife isn't quite as happy because now she has to hop up into the truck. lol :)

Left Front.jpg

Left Side.jpg

Right Frt.jpg

Right side.jpg

Front tire.jpg

Rear tire.jpg

Tires before lift with rzr.jpg

custom lifted trac - update

Just about to roll 50k miles . . . update.

Took a 3 week trip thru Georgia, Carolinas/ Tennessee mountains. Glad I had a sporty up there as I rented a cabin at the very tip-top of Smokey Mountains. Some very steep grades and rock areas to climb.
Trekked all thru Great Smoky Mountains, National Park, Cherokee and Bryson City, Nantahala.

Overall very happy with the way everything on this truck performs and cant beat the looks. Everywhere I went people had positive comments and taking pictures. Ford/ US has a product we cab definitely be proud of.

also noticed the southern pride/ rebel flags were flying all over - up there.

anyway
In the last 30k miles since adding custom lift/ Nitto 33's. other than the trip I hauled construction materials & and hauled a ton of rocks (literally) but No trailers. Ball joints are all good, steering all good, balance all good. . . while on the my trip, I did have a leak in my break line as it rubbed on the frame in 1 spot due to the lift. I had it fixed no problem and had the shop I found bend the line out and around. should solve that issue. Tires seem a bit worn, I thought I could get 60k out of tires but that just aint going to happen; they will need changed soon.

So I am looking at an aggressive all terrain rather than off road/ mud this time. Hopefully I can find something aggressive looking like the Trail grappler that can handle a few more miles. Maybe the Cooper, Mikeys or try the new Exo Gapplers??

Happy Trac-ing

Sport%20tract%20-guidestone.jpg

sporttrac12-12-15.jpg

07st_tentrpassside.jpg

Hi great truck!

Is this a 4 X 4

I am looking at a 07 4 X 4 Sport track, I can get a great deal on it and I want to build it similar to yours.

I really like the stance and the way it sits.

looking forward to your reply

4x4 sporty

yea - she is a 2007 also, 4x4 "Limited" v8 .. . .way more options than I needed but I got a great deal on it too. The stock photos are not so flattering - I have quite a bit of work in this one. these 4x4 trucks should have come with lifts and big wheels straight from factory.

guess they do -the raptor is bad ass but also a hefty sum more. even after you modify the ST.

Anyway good luck- I am sure you will love it.

I know, my wheels don't match, lol. I was trying to see if I wanted to go silver, kinda like they are stock, or go with the darker shade to match the grill. I think I'm going with the darker color. I like the way it looks.

Tire size is 255/70 R18. I'm running the Truxxx 2 inch lift and 2 inch wheel spacers. I love the lifted stance. It really changed the look of the vehicle. I've got some 3 inch body spacers that I'm going to cut in half and give it just a tad more lift.

Darker shade looks awesome, as does your ST in general.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks FLOffroad. I need to get the left side wheels matched to the right. It feels kinda funny driving it around this way. I don't know if people notice or not, but if they're like me, they do.

Back