• Register Today It's free!

The "I can't wait" thread

uniquename

Reaction score
City, State
Twin Cities, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT
I feel so much better seeing I am not the only one obsessed with getting my new Explorer.

The two things I am most anticipating:
Heated seats (it's damn cold here).
MyFord Touch

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Get ready!! Your gonna love it!!

I want to plug in my iPhone and have music play without static. I'm so tired of my stupid cable that works off radio frequencies.

I firmly believe that every day I spend in anticipation of my new Ex, will lead to me to greater appreciation of it once it arrives. That is my story and I'm sticking to it!

Sounds good, just remember you don't actually have to plug in anything ;)

I can't wait!!!!!

Add me to the can't wait list, fingers crossed it will be here by spring break so we can drive it from Michigan to Florida :cool:

Sounds good, just remember you don't actually have to plug in anything ;)

Right! I keep thinking of the USB port. I've never used BT before, so this is new to me.

It was totally surreal after I synced my phone last night, I didn't have to plug in anything and sync knew everything on my phone!! So far the truck is a little overwhelming in a good way, we sat in every luxury vehicle at the car show and this Ex blows them all away!!

BUILT and awaiting shipment. Fun words to hear this morning!

Mine has been built and awaiting shipping since 1/27.

Sync was loaded on 2/2 (you can set up your account at syncmyride.com and see this).

System still shows "awaiting shipping" with a delivery week of 2/7.

The anticipation is eating me alive...

Mine has been built and awaiting shipping since 1/27.

Sync was loaded on 2/2 (you can set up your account at syncmyride.com and see this).

System still shows "awaiting shipping" with a delivery week of 2/7.

The anticipation is eating me alive...

I'd be going nuts with the week of 2/7 almost over! You just might be enjoying it this weekend :)

I'm new to the forum, which I found while scouring the internet for any signs on when I would get a build date. Ordered my XLT on 1/17. Add me to the list of folks who can't wait! Does this list also include people that are driving their salesperson nuts or where do I get added to that one?

I think this list will qualify, Token57634. I know I am. Welcome!

Your dealer should already have your build date and VIN number. I ordered mine on 1/17 and a week later my dealer called me back with this info. My build date is 2/14.

Contact Seni and Ford Customer Service on this site by private message and he will track you order. You need an order and dealer number that your dealer should be able to provide you. He contacted me without me even asking (based on posts and serches) and was it was reassuring that my order was "clean." Unfortunately, I still have no built date or VIN even though the car was ordered 12-30. Has to do with dealer allocation.

No VIN or build date yet, but haven't heard back from my salesman yet today (I check in with him every week). I've seen different timeframes for receiving a VIN and build date, which I assume it based on allocation. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get some good news today.

Hi all, I'm another new member, but have been reading all the '11 Ex posts for a while now. My current delivery date for my XLT is 14 Feb (pushed back from 07 Feb-I can only imagine what our vehicles looked like sitting in Chicago with 20" of snow on them). This will be my fourth Ex I've owned through the years. I'm very anxious, as most everyone is, to experience all that has been talked about. I'm slightly concerned about MFT, but trust Ford will support any issues related to it. As a former auto guy who worked with Ford for 11 years (including the Ex), I hope Ford hits a home run with this and many other newly launched (or soon to be launched) vehicles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Shipped out today via Norfolk Southern Rail. Just passed through N.S. Chicago Mixing Center and is into Indiana on its way to Hapeville, GA. Then a truck back to Nashville.

Maybe this coming Friday? Anticipation is killing me!

Back