The "I can't wait" thread | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The "I can't wait" thread

@powerofx - I am in the same boat. Got the good news yesterday!! :) From what others have posted sticker won't be up until 6 days before build...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can confirm the 6 day timeframe.
My build date is 3/25.
Could see the sticker for the first time this morning 3/19. Before today, I got the same VIN not found in our system message.

Dealer just called, shhhhheeeeeee's here!!! All told, 9 days shy of two months, not too bad, from 1-28 to 3/19.

They told me they need an hour to fuel her up and make her shiny after the long haul. I haven't felt like this since I was ten years old opening a box laser tag on xmas morning.
For those still waiting, hang in there, this feeling is worth it.

....so long as she's tuxedo black and not cotton candy pink when I get to the dealership :p::D:D:D

I am still waiting for a VIN and build date . Seni just sent me the message I did not want. Still waiting,ordered on Feb 22.
Don't feel bad, I ordered on 2/21 and haven't gotten a VIN yet either.

I can confirm the 6 day timeframe.
My build date is 3/25.
Could see the sticker for the first time this morning 3/19. Before today, I got the same VIN not found in our system message.

Same thing here. Ordered 2/25 and found sticker this afternoon with 3/25 build date from what I read. Spouse is very excited, noticed they do have the rear inflatable belts on the sticker which she wanted on it.

stiil waiting...

I ordered my Ex on January 22, got a build date of March 6th and the VIN number, and I have been waiting ever since. I was told the ETA was March 14th, and it didn't arrive. Then I was told the ETA was on March 18th, and it didn't arrive. What's especially frustrating is that my dealer has no idea where the Ex is located. He has told me that it has been "in transit" for well over two weeks now. I find it incomprehensible that Ford can't track these new vehicles in the way that Fedex, UPS, and even the US Postal Service can track an envelope. I have no idea where the car is, or when it will arrive. Any suggestions (other than calling that 800 number, which I will do tomorrow) as to how I should proceed?

Don't feel bad, I ordered on 2/21 and haven't gotten a VIN yet either.

If it helps both of you I ordered mine on 1/31 and I still don't have anything. I'm starting to get very frustrated that people ordered after me and already have a build date and some even received their cars.

The folks at the end of the 800-number are pretty awesome. As is Seni, of course. :)

If it helps both of you I ordered mine on 1/31 and I still don't have anything. I'm starting to get very frustrated that people ordered after me and already have a build date and some even received their cars.

Well if it helps you I ordered 1/14. Sticker showed built as of 2/25. Still no ETA. In 3 days mine will celebrate it's one month birthday - all alone in a shipping yard somewhere...

Saw three Ex's driving around today. Black, white and the dark silver/gray. All beautiful. Even on a dreary day.

I am new to the site and have been very frustrated in not receiving our Explorer yet. We ordered ours on 1/28 and according to our dealer the vehicle has a vin and has been built and sitting on a quality hold since the end of Feb. There have been many dates of ETA, but we may be losing out on a great financing rate if we don't get this vehicle soon.

I am new to the site and have been very frustrated in not receiving our Explorer yet. We ordered ours on 1/28 and according to our dealer the vehicle has a vin and has been built and sitting on a quality hold since the end of Feb. There have been many dates of ETA, but we may be losing out on a great financing rate if we don't get this vehicle soon.

I posted the following in another thread and got no response back about it. I wish someone could tell me if this is a legitimate program. One dealer says you can lock in, the other said you can't. I want to know if this is true. If this "Incentive Protection Program #33360" is legit you should not "be losing out on a great financing rate." I know how you feel.

OK, so I'm looking to lease an EX XLT. I was told by one dealer I could "lock in" the negotiated price with any discounts offered. Also said once we negotiate the price and payment that it would be exactly the same (even if the money factor and residual value change for the worse). Also said if it changed for the better I would get that.

This program is supposedly Incentive Protection Program, Program # 33360. Anyone ever heard of that? Maybe Seni has?

Next, I went to another dealer much closer to my home and the one I'd prefer because it is convenient but they said everything had to be done when care I order comes in. I mentioned that program to the sales rep and he acted like I had two heads. Their overall price (before incentives) was better by about $400.....which equates to a little more than $10 a month on a 36 month lease payment.

I believe I can get the following (please tell me if these can't be combined).
1. Returning RCL ($1,250 credit which I think is ongoing)
2. Brochure incentive ($750 - but expires 4/4/11)
3. College Grad incentive ($500 - not sure if I can combine with #2 above)

As for lease, I think it's currently this for 39/36 months (let me know if I'm wrong):
1. Rate of 2.75
2. Residual of 53%

I posted the following in another thread and got no response back about it. I wish someone could tell me if this is a legitimate program. One dealer says you can lock in, the other said you can't. I want to know if this is true. If this "Incentive Protection Program #33360" is legit you should not "be losing out on a great financing rate." I know how you feel.

OK, so I'm looking to lease an EX XLT. I was told by one dealer I could "lock in" the negotiated price with any discounts offered. Also said once we negotiate the price and payment that it would be exactly the same (even if the money factor and residual value change for the worse). Also said if it changed for the better I would get that.

This program is supposedly Incentive Protection Program, Program # 33360. Anyone ever heard of that? Maybe Seni has?

Next, I went to another dealer much closer to my home and the one I'd prefer because it is convenient but they said everything had to be done when care I order comes in. I mentioned that program to the sales rep and he acted like I had two heads. Their overall price (before incentives) was better by about $400.....which equates to a little more than $10 a month on a 36 month lease payment.

I believe I can get the following (please tell me if these can't be combined).
1. Returning RCL ($1,250 credit which I think is ongoing)
2. Brochure incentive ($750 - but expires 4/4/11)
3. College Grad incentive ($500 - not sure if I can combine with #2 above)

As for lease, I think it's currently this for 39/36 months (let me know if I'm wrong):
1. Rate of 2.75
2. Residual of 53%

powerofx,

The Incentive Protection Program #33360 is a valid program, that your dealer will have to confirm you are eligible for. Please see your dealer for the terms and conditions at your local dealer as offers are subject to change. I wish I could provide more information to you, but as I mentioned, the dealer must confirm that this offer is compatible with the other incentives you are eligible for.

Seni

Back