Tips on A/C removal? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tips on A/C removal?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you can run lines to an air tank. and from there stick lines on your bumpers/somewhere with quick disconnects, attach a coiled air hose to fill tires, blow dust off your shirt, etc. and like me id have my train horns hooekd up to the tank :D

i dont like having my compressor in the cargo area, its loud when its on. so a belt driven compressor would be quick, quiet being under the hood and it wouldnt be an electrical load on the battery

just search for on-board air on here. i know theres a good thread, i remember seeing before. and bookmark it for if you wanted to do it sometime.

i would love to.. but when it comes to some things.. like that.. a weird add on/ conversion.. im dumb founded.... im lucky to know what i already know about cars... if there was/is a step by step (parts and procedure) guide i can do it

Yea, I got it from the junkyard. One off a 83-92 Bronco 2 or Ranger will work.

ok sooo far a no go.. no one around here, 8 different ones said no on both. so now what?

i told you they were getting hard to find now of days!!:)

last guy i talked to said Cash For Clunkers required them to crush them because they were so "old" and "gas guzzlers" BS! i can get a customer built one but ill be paying OTA! hitting on therangerstation... and craiglist, so far no luck.

Ill check the yard next week if i see one or two ill grab them,i need one for my next project.i wish lmc carried them,last time i checked they didnt.

Ford Ranger 86 04/06/2011
and no bronco 2s

if i had been following this thread i woudve checked it. i was there sunday :/

I looked for months and just happened to see an old ranger next to the crusher when i wasn't even looking and it had it!

everyone ive talked to said b2s are to old and they laugh, when i say Ranger they said didnt come with non a/c boxes.. so like most ohioans they are umm areses.

Heyy my hole family is from Ohio! !! Thats where i got most of my dirt racing ruts!! They was real common in rangers till like 86ish

Heyy my hole family is from Ohio! !! Thats where i got most of my dirt racing ruts!! They was real common in rangers till like 86ish

i said most! not all :p: my family (moms side) is to.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got mine from a 82 soo check earlier than that,im willing to bet all rbs ranger,not old full size ranger will fit

Back