City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4wd
Before:
1000024016_1230200190602PM0.9195063.jpg

After:
1000024016_1230200190604PM0.2875134.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did the same to mine. Looks ALOT better that way.

Nerf Bars?

Want to sell the Bars you took off? :rolleyes:

i voted to keep em, but it depends what look youre going for. if you want a street look, id keep em, they look cool. if you want an offroad look, id keep em cuz they look cool ;)

(*note: if youve never seen them painted the same color as the truck, check out some of the pics over on explorerunderground.com, a few guys did it over there, long with the bumpers and fender flares, and it looks amazing. im actually debating if i should do it, but my trucks white, so it could be a pain to keep those clean.)

I say put 'em back on. Looks good either way, but I like the nerf bar look. Plus chicks really appreciate them when trying to get into your truck.

I voted to keep em off. More clearance with them off. If moms needs help getting in I pull out a plastic step from the back for her to step on. I personally have damaged my passenger side one pretty bad off road and it looks pretty bad so off they went.....

Mine too soupbone, the underside of mine are scratched all to hell.

Off with them, I say. If you don't like the look without something there then get functional nerf bars. Protect your rocker panels and girls can use them to get in. I use ours all the time.

I like em off

you all say that they are scrached and beat to hell because of off road use. just think what you rocker panel would look like if the nerf bar wasnt there.

I would personally keep the on there untill you get some real nerf bars.

easier to replace nerf bars than body panels

Ryan

I like the way they look (though not very useful). And since mine came without them, I'm looking for a set for a 91-94 (or other years if they fit)....anyone got a pair laying around they want to give or sell cheap??

Well mine are off and i just got done filling the holes and using some herculiner on them, there are some pictures Dead Link Removed

Jeff i have some off of my 97, no clue if they fit yours or not. Let me know if they do or not and we can work out something.

Happy trailes!!

I took mine off, it looks a lot better with out them. I found even short people complained about tripping on them, rather than useing them

I was planning to take mine off at some point, but I really like that idea someone mentioned about painted the running boards. That's not a bad idea

i like the way they look

Back