Video proof that your Nav and MFT actually work? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Video proof that your Nav and MFT actually work?

Sorry, Vic. I just thought that last post was a little uncalled for.

I want this new car to work like it should. I think that we are collectively coming up with a lot of solutions and suggestions that may help Ford improve their product and our experience.

My constant prattling on about this is the squeaky wheel that is getting some grease in the form of a visit from a Ford Engineer. It's also meant to help solve the same problems that others are going through. These problems are extremely frustrating and having someone make that last comment irks me. If you're not going through them, you'll never fully understand what a royal pain in the ass this car is. I'm at the dealer all the time. I'd rather be done with this.

+1 I appreciate Loganfilm's concern and time as it hopefully will lead Ford to fix/improve on MFT (it really is sad that some have to basically bug test this system for Ford). As expressed previously, I have been pretty lucky so far as MFT has worked great so far for me. Your posts and others have made me a lot more careful and deliberate in using MFT (just today when my phone did not pair automatically for the first time since setup and I had to reconnect it (ended up being really easy), it had me sweating bullets). My only problem so far has been playing music from my iPhone 3GS (phone part works fine). Sometimes it plays, sometimes it doesn't (even though it shows on the MFT screen as playing). Sometimes it responds to voice commands (play artist ___), most often it doesn't. I can usually get it going but that part has been frustrating enough so I can't imagine what Loganfilm is going through. I am going to move my music to a USB thumb drive to see if it works better there but so far, this has been my only problem with MFT. Good luck and thanks for helping Ford fix the MFT issues that are cropping up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here are 3 videos I took.

First shows startup of BT/phone connecting, nav startup, touch response speed, voice control and phone call however once my phone started to dial, it ended the video hence the 2nd video.

http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc504/blwnsmoke/?action=view&current=VIDEO0010.mp4

Second video shows navigation prompts, response time and destinations. There were 2 hickups but were both my fault. First was that I waited too long to response. 2nd was I spoke before the MFT was listening to me, you'll hear me say "oops" before she even gave me an error.

http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc504/blwnsmoke/?action=view&current=VIDEO0011.mp4

Last one shows the previous destination feature working and then once set, I then pulled up fuel pricing and changed my destination.

http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc504/blwnsmoke/?action=view&current=VIDEO0014.mp4

Now I have 2 issues with MFT currently. First is that the Ipod that is plugged in is playing when I click on it however, no sound comes out. I've tried a master reset but I have not pulled fuse 29 yet. I actually want to bring it in so the service dept. can see it before I pull the fuse. I want it documented and verified first. This started happening over a week ago. The song/title show, the time of the track shows but no sound. The 2nd issue that others are having is that when you start the vehicle, the last radio function isn't always on. So if I'm listening to Sirius and I shut the Ex off to go into a store, when I come back out and start the Ex, the ipod is playing. Same thing when listening to FM, it's not every time but it does happen at least 20% of the time. When it does it, it defaults to the Ipod each time. So yes, it's not flawless but the system works very well to me. I can't complain about response time to both my touch and my voice.

Thanks for the Videos. My MFT work spretty much like yours.
On the sound problem, check and make sure that both the MFT and the Ipod/Iphone are set to the same thing i.e:
In Blue tooth audio make sure teh Iphone is set to Sync.
In USB mode make sure that Iphone is set to DOCK.

Hope this helps you out...

Thanks for the Videos. My MFT work spretty much like yours.
On the sound problem, check and make sure that both the MFT and the Ipod/Iphone are set to the same thing i.e:
In Blue tooth audio make sure the Iphone is set to Sync.
In USB mode make sure that Iphone is set to DOCK.

Hope this helps you out...

Thanks for the suggestions but it is not an iphone, just an ipod plugged in via usb.

you're welcome.
Generally with this stuff I've never seen an Ipod integration that works 100%.
I've had an Acura, a Jeep and a Mercedes, and it was never all the way there.......

In the ford : Is it perfect No! is it functional with some issues here and there Yes.

Pretty much the same as mine. Noticed the only trouble you had is speaking before she was listening. Ahhhhhh, isn't nice to have a real woman running your vehicle.

I'm not ready to listen she says. I'll repeat your choices again,,,,, you better pick the right one or I'll get *****y. LOL.

Mine is just as responsive as yours. During voice commands it helps to talk normally and not like a Boston Bruins Fan. GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noticed your from NH.... so I'm assuming your a Bruins fan.

Pretty much the same as mine. Noticed the only trouble you had is speaking before she was listening. Ahhhhhh, isn't nice to have a real woman running your vehicle.

I'm not ready to listen she says. I'll repeat your choices again,,,,, you better pick the right one or I'll get *****y. LOL.

Mine is just as responsive as yours. During voice commands it helps to talk normally and not like a Boston Bruins Fan. GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noticed your from NH.... so I'm assuming your a Bruins fan.

Not a hockey fan but being they are in the finals, Im definately supporting them.

Hey Loganfilm and GregV8,
What do you think of the videos. Mine works exactly the same way. Fast and no problems at all. My 16gig of music works like a charm. Like I've said on here alot, I use 2 flashdrives. My nav works perfect as does my phone. Voice commands work as well. All the time. You have faulty systems, get them replaced. Oh, and my radio and sirius xm all work fine. Climate control, BLIS, cruise control, rain sensing wipers, back up camera, park assist..... all work just as they are supposed to.

Cheers,

blwnsmoke "The 2nd issue that others are having is that when you start the vehicle, the last radio function isn't always on. So if I'm listening to Sirius and I shut the Ex off to go into a store, when I come back out and start the Ex, the ipod is playing."

Does turning off the AutoPlay function within MFT stop the iPod from playing automatically?

The best iPod integration I have seen was a 2010 Fusion with previous gen Sync and plain text display. Ultra fast library navigation, flawless voice recognition. I wish I could have that system in my EX.

chimoman said:
Hey Loganfilm and GregV8,
What do you think of the videos. Mine works exactly the same way. Fast and no problems at all. My 16gig of music works like a charm. Like I've said on here alot, I use 2 flashdrives. My nav works perfect as does my phone. Voice commands work as well. All the time. You have faulty systems, get them replaced. Oh, and my radio and sirius xm all work fine. Climate control, BLIS, cruise control, rain sensing wipers, back up camera, park assist..... all work just as they are supposed to.

Cheers,

Mine is similar when the iPod is NOT connected. What I can't tell from the videos are the random lockups and freezes. I will try to experiment with voice control as that has been the most troublesome (system would hang until shut down when pressing voice button, etc).
One problem I still have is that sometimes I cannot turn the audio off. I press the power button and nothing happens, it keeps blasting the music.

Wow. Thank you VERY MUCH for those hopeful videos. I really appreciate it.

I have new hope that mine will one day work like that, as my experience isn't even close. I would video mine for you, but it would be hard to hear the system over my cursing and screaming....

More proof that mine just sucks.

Ford Engineer can't come soon enough. (Wednesday appointment)

Again, I thank you.

I have taken several DAYS off of work to deal with the problems at the dealer. They are finally sending an engineer from Ford to look at it this week.

What's your time worth?

Ass.
My time? Oh, I am just an unworthy flatlander. My time is not nearly as valuable as you beautiful people out in LaLaLand.

My point is that you are *****ing about the system at ever opportunity, you are *****ing that it won't do more, like access the internet to get you information when it is having issues doing just the basics, and rather than talk about what you and Ford are trying to do to get it fixed, you just ***** more, and find other things to ***** about.

We get it. Your MFT is not working right. There are plenty of them that are working as intended, so there must be an issue that can be resolved.

After the person from Ford looks at it, it would be helpful to everyone else with problems to know what they did and said in hopes that the issues are resolved with theirs as well.

Everyone, does your MFT work well?
What model iPod/MP3 player do you have?
How many song do you have on the device (approx)?

One other thing.
Is it dedicated to the car, or are you moving it?

- MFT works well, (voice command take a minute or so to work properly)
- I have a 4th gen 16 iPod Nano (the older long skinny one)
- About 2000 songs.
- Dedicated.

I have new hope that mine will one day work like that, as my experience isn't even close. I would video mine for you, but it would be hard to hear the system over my cursing and screaming....

If you wouldn't mind, make one anyway. You now know they can function...I'd like to see how bad yours really is. Personally, I want yours fixed because I am waiting to see you get the thing modded :D

Back