Wanted - Warrior Shackles (Shipping To Canada) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted Warrior Shackles (Shipping To Canada)

Parts or services wanted

DjDom

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XL(imited)
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a set of Warrior 153s for my Ex.
If anyone has a set of new or used ones, just PM me or post.

Thanks!

Dom

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just go down to your local auto parts store and buy some, to me they are about the same strengthness. Just put a bolt in the middle and paint them or leave them silver, either way they work great!

There is no way the typical cheap generic shackles from the auto parts store is anywhere as strong as a Warrior 153 shackle.

The metal of the Warrior shackle is much thicker and the cross brace on the warrior shackle is very beefy.

Here are a couple pics from a post on here where the generica "Autozone" shackles were used.
(http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113378)
Picture_020.jpg

You can see how thin that metal is. Now if this is just a Daily driver that is babied it may hold up just fine. If its taken off-road driven hard I'd expect those shackles to flex and bend some over time...

Back to the orig. question... Amazon sells the Warrior Shackles.

Here is the link to one BUT the picture on the page is wrong but it is the correct shackle. Of course, I've never tried to order from amazon.com and ship it to canada..
http://www.amazon.com/Warrior-153-Rear-Heavy-Shackle/dp/B0017M6F2W

~Mark

if you just go any place with a ekeystone account and everyone has one they can get them i got my pair for 110 taxes in

any Partsource can order u Warrior shackles in a couple of days

any Partsource can order u Warrior shackles in a couple of days

Partsource told me they don't have them.
That's odd, I'll try again.

And, I agree about the generic autozone shackles. I think I'd break it taking a corner..

ive ordered 4 or 5 sets thru them now all for Explorers 2 day turn around

How much were they at PartSource?

pretty sure 151, its been a while but yeah 151 whats the difference?

The 151 is for f-250 front leaves and from what I "see" its a different mount style. The war-153 is for 2.5" wide springs (normal H design) is is 8.5" eye to eye.

Thread from the dead... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49996

I'm thinking they are 153's which would be good for the OP, and shipping isn't bad.. They fit in a Flat rate envelope/box which really helps getting parts to Canada.

~Mark

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a set of Warrior 153s for my Ex.
If anyone has a set of new or used ones, just PM me or post.

Thanks!

Dom

let me know if your interested and ill take them off and get a shipping quote.

let me know if your interested and ill take them off and get a shipping quote.

Hmm, depends on shipping.

What would it be to Toronto?

Make some i had metal laying around but im sure it would only cost about 20 buck to have the metal cut in pieces from a metal shop i didnt add a center section but they are 1/2 inch steel so they are plenty strong but you can even add a bolt in the middle to strenglthen it

Attachments

• CAM00983.jpg
    CAM00983.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 417

wow it would be 41.00 to ship to Canada even in flat rate boxing

Yeah, shipping up here kills. Lol.

I'd make them, but I don't have any experience with welding or this stuff. And I don't know any metal shops..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No need to weld just drill some holes theres gotta be a place like all metals or. Even a fab shop i used the rule each inch of shackle over stock is 1/2 inch lift. I can go out and take some measurments later but it is pretty simple the hardest part for us was cutting through it as it maxed our plasma

Back