• Register Today It's free!

Were did my power go.

caveman1

Reaction score
City, State
jacksonville florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT,Eddie Baur
My truck has 95 k miles on it and it seems like the power is slowly disapearing.I used to race it around alittle but now i cant get the tires to peel out.The thing used to rip up pavement.I have given it a tune up and still no change.I even went to synthetic oil and a power aid throttle botty spacer and no change.Does anyone know if its becouse of the milage.i really miss the power it used to have.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

caveman1 said:
My truck has 95 k miles on it and it seems like the power is slowly disapearing.I used to race it around alittle but now i cant get the tires to peel out.The thing used to rip up pavement.I have given it a tune up and still no change.I even went to synthetic oil and a power aid throttle botty spacer and no change.Does anyone know if its becouse of the milage.i really miss the power it used to have.

What motor do you have?

Have you checked the function of the O2 sensors? How is the fuel pressure?

Thre is no engine light on.I have the 5.0.feul pressure should be fine since i changed the fuel filter.Do you think it could be loss of compresion from the many miles on it.I t is a 2000 eddie baur xlt 5.0.I have put 95000 miles on it.

caveman1 said:
Thre is no engine light on.

I have the 5.0.feul pressure should be fine since i changed the fuel filter.

Do you think it could be loss of compresion from the many miles on it.I t is a 2000 eddie baur xlt 5.0.I have put 95000 miles on it.

Just because a CEL has not been illuminated does not mean that the O2 sensors are functioning properly.

The fuel filter is only one thing that can affect fuel pressure.

Thats really not a lot of miles.

Good luck .....

I did a search and found a few things to check.But i don't know how to check the o2 sensors.I will clean the maf,iat and make sure my intake is tightened down.Also clean my tb.I do have some expieriance with auto mechanics but never messed with o2 sensors.I would like to get programmer for the truck,do you know wich one is the best.I was thinking about the demon programer.Thanks for your help so far.

caveman1 said:
I did a search and found a few things to check.But i don't know how to check the o2 sensors.I will clean the maf,iat and make sure my intake is tightened down.Also clean my tb.I do have some expieriance with auto mechanics but never messed with o2 sensors.I would like to get programmer for the truck,do you know wich one is the best.I was thinking about the demon programer.Thanks for your help so far.

Check the O2 sensor function with an OBD II scanner.

Contact Doug Studdard at Bama Chips for info on a programmer ( http://www.bamachips.com/ ).

Good lucj ........

Thanks

thanks.I'll bring to the shop asap.I will also be doing all of the small mods i read on the sight.I reallly appreciate your help.

if you find out whats causing it I would be interested because my explorer has lost all of its power too. I thought it was from the high altitude and i tried disconnecting my battery for 15 mins and it seems like that helped a lil but not a whole lot.....I have almost 128,000 miles on mine.

I haven't had time to mess with the x.I have been working on my other ford.What a mess that is.I was gonna do all the mods i could find on the site.Only the ones that are free.Includeing cleaning the sensors.When i get this done i'll post my results.

Back