What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's my Kuat. Best rack I've seen. On an older truck I had. Has a full work station to do on the trail/road repairs.

IMG_0803.JPG

Next up: WeatherTech In-channel Window Deflectors

Thanks to you all for the advice on these. I returned the stick-on window deflectors yesterday.

Looking very good, especially for a 2011 model.:thumbsup:

Peter

I always assumed all Explorer's came with the front badging. Gonna have to take notice on others now

I just picked mine up from the Ford dealer late yesterday, it's a 2013 XLT.

Today I spent a long time sitting in the Ex in my driveway with the manual on my lap. Adjusted stuff, set things up, figured out (preliminarily) how to work the multi-function displays, and had a local mechanic/customizer come and give me an estimate to black out some parts (grille, rack rails, etc.) on the car.

I just picked mine up from the Ford dealer late yesterday, it's a 2013 XLT.

Today I spent a long time sitting in the Ex in my driveway with the manual on my lap. Adjusted stuff, set things up, figured out (preliminarily) how to work the multi-function displays, and had a local mechanic/customizer come and give me an estimate to black out some parts (grille, rack rails, etc.) on the car.
After you've gone through the Manual you'll still find things that you'll discover much later down the road. There are just too many things to absorb at one reading. Chances are that a year or so down the road you'll come across something in the Manual or on the Forum that you weren't aware of.;)

Peter

I always assumed all Explorer's came with the front badging. Gonna have to take notice on others now

I'm not sure what year they started it but I think it may have been the 16's, but again, I could be completely wrong.

From what I've read, it's a Sport thing. The rest don't come with it.

From what I've read, it's a Sport thing. The rest don't come with it.
I'm not sure what year they started it but I think it may have been the 16's, but again, I could be completely wrong.
I am quite sure that all trim levels come with the Blue Oval badges. Ever photo posted here, Sport and non Sport have the badges. I have never seen one on the road without one and that includes the latest Sport ones. The 2017 Explorer brochure I have shows them all with the Blue Oval. I think pacman9270 must have had a unique Explorer. Looks like the factory messed up.

Peter

From what I understand only the Sport model comes with the (Explorer) Badge on the front and I agree it is a BIG miss for QC at the factory.

Please check the ford website looks like only the Sport comes with the Explorer badge on the front hood in the pics in your link the Explorer badge looks after market add-on and even your platinum does not have the Explorer badge on the front hood. Did I miss something?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back