Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Aviator Reserve 201A
Callsign
VE3
What have you done with or to your Explorer / Aviator Today?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Today? Absolutely nothing lol.

Ok I asked and received. Going to play a little catch up.

Two weeks ago. Tint front sides 28%. Windshield brow limo.
20210728_094553.jpg
20210728_094546.jpg

Last week. Installed running boards.
20210729_132434.jpg

And today. Tvdvinyl lettering. I like the hatch better than the doors. The dark door cladding causes the letters to appear darker.
20210811_150230.jpg
20210811_150307.jpg

I kind of like the doors. Do you have a picture of them that shows the running boards with the lettering?

I ordered it last week...the wait begins.

I kind of like the doors. Do you have a picture of them that shows the running boards with the lettering?
I'll get a full side view picture later this morning and post it.

I drove it into town today to visit my father in law today. I also tried to duplicate the issue some have had with the Auto Hold feature. I left the Auto Hold on when I shut off the vehicle, then tried to restart it with both the FordPass app, and the keyfob. I did not get an error message no matter how it was re-started.

Any further away in the garage and the letters disappear.
20210812_111211.jpg

I think it looks good between the chrome.

Brought mine to the body shop. Someone decided they wanted to use the freeway lane my wife was in. Both passenger doors trashed.

I got my lettering from there as well. Will be putting it in soon. I have a White Explorer so I got the white letters. Hopefully that will provide a good contrast with the black cladding.
Pics??

Boards look great. Have a Rapid Red Platinum supposedly soon to be built and wife can use board assist. Can you please tell me where you purchased yours and the ease? of installation? Thanks
Found this post from the member; Running boards

Peter

Boards look great. Have a Rapid Red Platinum supposedly soon to be built and wife can use board assist. Can you please tell me where you purchased yours and the ease? of installation? Thanks
I ordered them from Running Board Warehouse (?) and are Steelcraft STX100's . Took about 3 hours. The hardest part of the installation was getting the bracket bolts in. There's a plastic cover that is in the way and the instructions say to remove it. I couldn't figure out how that's done so I ended up drilling holes in the plastic to allow the bolts to clear. Probably is easier to just cut the plastic covers off in lieu of removing the plastic. Other than that it was easy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For today, drove it to work with Fred sloshing ashore. Last Saturday, a Steeda RSB and RedLine Tuning hood struts. Before that, splash guards, AeroSkin hood protector, AVS vent shades. 30% tint on the front windows and a 15% visor.

Back