• Register Today It's free!

which computers are compatible?

jekbrown

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver, WA, USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91
I have a '91 Ex with a 4.0L six and automatic. I have been trying to track down a problem with no avail... and thought I might try going to a parts yard and getting a different computer to see if that will solve my problem. Question is, what years computers will work with my '91? Thanks in advance,

j

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

probably 91 and 92. I think in 93 there was a change (internally)

-Drew

yikes, pretty narrow range. Hope one of the yards near by happens to have one. Anyone know for sure if its just 91-92? thanks,

j

Even still, there's at least one difference that I know of between '91 and '92 computers: '91 has a BARO sensor, '92 doesn't. There might be a couple of others, too, I'm not sure. I don't know what problem you are tracking down, but you might want to limit yourself to just '91 computers just so you don't get an "inconclusive" diagnosis.

sounds like the safest move. Thanks for the tip. As far as the problem I am tracking down, I have a thread about it in the under the hood and driveline forum. Basically, my engine likes to drive on its own with no driver input. ;)

j

Back