• Have done it once or twice

Votes: 224 51.1%
  • Sleep there every camping trip

Votes: 97 22.1%
  • It's the only place I have to sleep

Votes: 21 4.8%

• Total voters
That fiberglass screen works great

I keep a couple cut sections rolled up under the seat. You can just fold them over the door and close it. Also have some plastic strip magnets to hold them in place. Queen size air matress and a down comforter. Dark green plastic garbage bags can be stratigically placed to block out light. This is where those magnets come in handy. I'm cheap and she thinks the camping is a treat. Always bring marshmellows and wood!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One year, Me my dad and my bro were on a trip to colorado. And i was gett'n tired so..I shoved everything to one side..Put one seat down..Put my sleeping bag down and got a pillow..Slept comfy for 7 hours str8 untill we arrived at my granparents house..It was really comfy tho...Id do it again!

josh

Hey! I can't Vote either, whats up with that?
I've slept in the back of mine a couple of times. Not bad at all! Wife slept back there with me once, she didn't think much of it though.

sorry guys you won't be able to vote unless htis is moved to "explorer related polls", so I am moving this there.

The heat doesn't bother me too much, If it is hot out, I usually keep the back open with a couple windows down. You get a nice breeze that way.

I voted "once or twice" but it's been more than that. I don't feel like I'm camping unless I'm in a tent, but the Ex is much more comfortable!! At the beach, the sleeping in the Ex is the only way to go. I used to have some egg-crate foam that I cut to fit around the fender wells.

One of my wife's favorite stories is from the time we went skiing at Breckenridge and slept in the Ex the night before. We were both in sub-zero sleeping bags with two blankets over top. We woke at about 4 AM and it must have been WELL below zero. We had to use the ice scrapper in the INSIDE of the windows. I ran the motor for a good 30 minutes trying to heat up the truck (I know, big no-no. CO poisoning but we were FREEEZING). Even after 30 minutes the temp guage was buried and it was numbing cold in there. Fortunately, the Safeway in Breck opens at 5 AM and it's nicely heated. We laugh about it... now. :rolleyes:

I sleep in the X at parties and camping. It is actually pretty comfortable if I have a pillow and blanket. It's good for "cuddling" with the ladies too. ;)

This was my first poll. I don't know what I did but some people can't vote.

Ive slept in my X many times. I basically sleep in it every time I go camping or 4wheeling. I have a sub box in the back so I can't sleep back there which kinda sux, but I just sleep in the front seat no problem. Just hop in the 0 degree mummy bag and I'm set! I've slept in it at Glamis, Joshua tree, misc, dezert trips, and I slept in my friends front seat of his X on Friday night for a couple hours until everybody showed up for the run to Big Bear. We can't wake up in the morning to show up at 7am, so we just worked on the truck all night then cruised out there about 5am and crashed it out.

p.s. being wasted does help the uncomfortablness:)

I have slept in the front seat while camping. The tent was too small for my height, so I layed back in the front seat, and slept thoughout the rest of the night:D

I've slept in mine a couple times after partying. It can be very comfortable with blankets and pillows.

Bought my sport while home in Nebraska, turned around the next morning and drove back to Tucson. (21 hours or so straight through). Stopped in Tucumcari, New Mexico which was about 12 hours in, at a truck stop and slept for about 4 hours in the front seat. Although I have done all 21 hours straight before a couple times, but Tucumcari is the end of the world, you either stop there, or finish it out.

My girl and I have been in the back of my truck many nights!!! Not to mention myself crashing there after a few drunken nights...

Damn, i need one of those...

I keep blankets and pillows in he back all the time. When I go Camping I sleep in the X and use the tent to secure the camping equipment, works out nice!

How would you use it? How would you get in or out after it was on? It covers the doors.

Slept w/ Somebody (although no sleeping was involved) ACTUALLY lost my virginity back there. ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I sleep in there all the time in the summer when we are up at the river. We have a trailer up there but sleeping space is a premium most of the time. Those who pass out early usually get all the good spots. So I just pull up close to the trailer so it blocks the sun in the AM, open up the pop-out windows and I'm out for the count. Not the best sleeping ever but I always wake up early and get out on the boat for some fishing before everyone else gets up.

Back