Who was looking for the tow hooks? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who was looking for the tow hooks?

Dr Plastic

Reaction score
City, State
Newport News, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'15 Limited FWD

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

maybe this thread will help someone..... seems that everyone who joins the site immediately says hey i need towhooks and i searched but no one ever really does

Dr Plastic said:

Crap...I just paid over 77 bucks for mine, comes with all the hardware and instructions new, but still.

I'm going to compare them to my buddies FX4 F150 and see if they are indeed the 'same' tow hooks before I put em on.

well, the hooks arrived. Turns out the Explorer hooks are NOT the same as the F-150 hooks. The Explorer hooks look to be made from cast iron, and painted black, the F-150 hooks look to be a smooth finish steel and painted black.
Anyhow, I'd bet the hooks are interchangeable, they look to have very similar dimensions.
I'm happy with how they look on my X.

are you kidding me i got 10000lb tow hooks from tractor supply for 7 bucks a piece with keeper klips and bolts... humm...maybe yall should check out those...

lol, they wouldn't even come close to resembling factory OEM tow hooks. I'm not about to drill holes or weld on my new truck.

Back