Zaino Z6 and dust? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Zaino Z6 and dust?

Take a look at http://www.deckowski.com/wax off/durability.htm and please express your thoughts and ex[eriences with Z6 and dust.

I am running a test now on the hood on my truck; after z2 a Z6 on one side and nada on the other, We shall see.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Microfiber towels cut down on the static properties of quick detailing sprays a lot.

You may want to try another quick detailing spray Al, as long as it doesnt contain any carnuaba wax, then it is safe to use with Zaino. I've heard that the Z6 can attract dust.

Isnt that why they made the Calif. Car Duster?
I've got too much $ into Zaino to switch now. I'll probably run out next year and then see whats on the market.
Although I usually wash often enough that dust isnt really an issue.

can u mix and match klasse with zaino? if not.. are the other products from klasse the same as the zaino products.. whats better now??

I have been very happy with Z6. I shall see how my dust test pans out in a day or so.

Thanks for the suggestions.....

The Z6 is a good spray, but all my cars are silver and white, so dust really doesnt show up.

The Eagle One is a great spray too.

If you're looking to reduce the plasticky look of Zaino and Klasse, you can actually top them with a carnuaba topper that adds to depth. I've never tried that but I recently heard it was possible on Autopia. According to Mike that new Blackfire lessens the plasticky look.

Yup, I was very impressed with the new BF when I used it on the Explorer. Now that I have the 5.9 back, I'm going to give it a detail this weekend. I'll get some pics up after I do it.

Al, I always had dust problems using Z6 (cotton towels), and I had dust problems with the BF QD as well (microfiber towels). California's just a dusty state I think. I read on Autopia that ClearKote's Quik Shine makes a dramatic reduction in dust attraction on BF, so I'm going to give that a try.

Mike

Try one of these to cut static build up...
Dead Link Removed

I know people who run them on their show cars and motorcycles and they swear by them.

Originally posted by Rick
Try one of these to cut static build up...
Dead Link Removed

I know people who run them on their show cars and motorcycles and they swear by them.

Rick, I am a lil unclear from looking at their website where this device is installed. It appears to only have a grommet for attaching on one end.

Does this grounding device drag the ground ( road ) while driving?

Thanks

Some preliminary observations on Z^ and dust.

Last night I went out to a friends ranch and had to drive on a dusty dirt road for about 10 miles. I thought this would really show up any differences.

I looked over the hood this morning very carefully. The results were simply a dusty hood; I could tell no difference in either side.

Later this morning, I did a brake pad replacement on my truck and cleaned up with some oil dry. I brushed it around a lot trying to create dust/dirt. I then looked at the hood; the results were an even dustier/dirtier hood, no difference in the Z6 side and the no Z6 side.

So far in my testing, I see no dust protection ( as Zaino claims ) and no dust attraction as was shown by the article mentioned above.

It attaches to a bolt on the diff cover and drags in the ground.

The current pollen situation here in Florida has my chestnut truck yellow.

I cannot tell ANY difference in either side of the hood.

The Z6 side definately does not attract this stuff; nor repell it.

After a week, I can tell no difference in the Z6 treated side and the other.

I remembered that when I apply Z2, I always wet the applicator pad with Z6. I wonder if that influenced the test.

Anyway, I had to wash the truck today, I was sick of the puke yeller color.

Back