ExplorerRider | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

E
Reaction score

• Battling how to get an insanely hard-to-find 3rd Gen rear toe compensator link, aka rear tie-rod ends, etc, for factory, 16 inch wheels. I was pointed to Rock Auto, but they sent me a bent one, so not eager to use them again...
    Fix4Dirt
    Fix4Dirt
    RA is usually cheapest but a gamble in returns. somewhere like tuatozone you can always take it back, but you pay that in markups
    Noise coming from rear left tire! Help!
    I have put new rotors, calipers, & pads on the rear of my '05 Explorer. Also new sway bar links & bushings. But I still have a noise whining or winding noise that comes (& goes, which makes it even harder to diagnose) from the rear wheels, especially the driver's side. Any thoughts?!
    Fix4Dirt
    Fix4Dirt
    try posting this in the 3g forum, since not many folks check the prof post section
    Will I be okay to put 235-60-R16s on my 2005 4×4 Explorer XLT if it calls for 235-70-R16s?
    Reactions: 1gordyk
    Mbrooks420
    Mbrooks420
    As long as you do all 4.
    A
    AidansCars
    Yes, you are just slimming the aspect ratio down. Your tire height will now be 60% of the tires width. Not bad, just not as capable as the normal size
    Update: I can stand on my rear bumper, rock the hell out of it, meaning my '05 Explorer, & I don't hear anything so long as it's off & in park. But once you start it & put it in drive... I can stand on the rear bumper, rock the truck, & I can hear the squeaking quite clearly, meaning the squeaking in the rear I've heard while driving it. Could it be my rear brakes???
    I currently have a loud squeaking racket coming from the rear end of my 2005 4×4 Explorer XLT, I've hung my head out the passenger rear window, & it very clearly was coming from the rear passenger wheel well. I had an independent mechanic look at it, & he said nothing appeared to be wrong w/the suspension, but I don't know him well enough to trust him. I think it's the rear passenger strut myself. What could it be?!
    2005 Ford Explorer just had new glass installed all the way down the driver's side, but now, sometimes my door ajar light stays on. But a light knock on the driver door sometimes makes it go away. Any input greatly appreciated!
    Reactions: Fix4Dirt
    Fix4Dirt
    Fix4Dirt
    try posting this in one of the correct subforums. id think maybe the latch contacts?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Birthday
December 27, 1981 (Age: 42)
City, State
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer XLT
Back