Tbars Project "X" begins | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tbars Project "X" begins

First and foremost my ranger is my favorite truck...I will not let any of you fools try to talk me into changing my new project into some rock beast, lmao...this rig is just to go camping and fishing in and thats it...it took all the money i had to buy and the seller was great and is a new member here....thanks rick, the seller that is...

I have never as much sat in an explorer and today was the first time i opened a door on one...

It needs alot of tlc and a new 4.0 motor as the current one is seized...It needs a bit of paint work as the clear coat is shot and the front fenders are a different color....

Notes
1) Kbabiak, you need to make some pre-made shipping tags with my name on them as I will be needed a bunch of little parts...
2) Admin Rick, I sent my new membership dues in at 8am this morning as i was hoping to be a new X owner...
3)All elite members, I am going to need alot of help and parts for my new to me, 91 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

carlover...i will meet up with you sometime this week? hit me up if by chance you are headed toward o.c. or i might make a morning run out toward you and meet somewhere???

well, i orderd my 4.56 gears for the front from 4wheelparts and i ordered my front locker from aussie today too...but the thing i am most excited about was my find at pepboys...i will still have to do a little mod to it to make it fully road worthy but i am doing without a stereo and speakers since they ripped those out, but, i gots to have my cupholder....

cupholder001dk2.jpg

That's your "best bang for the buck" mod! :D

easy now....the rest will come but my big watered down sodas are a daily must...;)

i'll pm you my number so you can give me a reminder call and yes that would be perfect...i used to live in chino hills and i can run up there and see if my buddies are having there friday night dart game in the garage :D

i will be in diamond bar friday after 5pm to pick up my kids.
Nah its okay, I'm picking up your kids, dont worry about them :p:

well, i picked up my 4.56 gears and master kit from 4wheel parts this afternoon, after i called them this morning because they ordered the master kit for the rear instead..,i verified my front aussie locker was shipped and it should be here no later than monday, woohoo...

i also posted one of my trucks up for sale on here, here's the link...
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189276

On the front aussie. Make sure you get a spring to put in the slip shaft so you can get rid of the C clip in the diff. That way if you break an inner shaft it is an easy fix instead of taking the whole diff apart. Also when you put the spring in make sure you weld the end cap on the axle shaft other wise the spring will push the cap off then the sping comes loose and the inner shaft falls out of the diff. Been there done that. Im sure others can give you more info on the spring that works the best. I went to a machine shop and asked if they had any old valve springs laying around. Found one that slid inside the slip yoke and used it. I doubt such a strong one is needed but it worked for me for a long time.

I really like the aussie I have in my dana 44 in the front of my ranger.

thanks and i'll wait for someone to chime in...i haven't heard from you yet on the phone...
as for rubbing it in my face about your dana 44 i will make sure i get a dana 60 setup for my truck, lmao, j/k....:p

i had a little free time today and since my locker hasn't showed up yet i decided i would try to get the wheel locks off with a brand new gator socket, not happening...so i finally vaccumed the beast out since i was still finding full pork rinds and chips...i found out i need screws for the headlights, both sides , 2 screws each...checked the auxilary 12v someone added and it has power, the lighter doesn't though...i found a lite like the one in the rear area under the glove box in an area that looks to be an add on...i need to investigate it later..i removed the air cleaner for the first time, full of dirt...not sand, dirt, sheese...after i get the gears and locker in i'm going to start going thru all the maintenance such as plugs, wires etc...any one have a cai they need to get rid of????

If you have a welder, you can weld a nut to the top of the wheel lock. This would be the fastest way since those locks are useless to you anyway. Oh and take a wire wheel or something to the locks first cauz they typically have a chrome finish on top which will just defunk the weld.

hmm now you got thinking where's my wheel lock remover kit????? now i am gonna have to find it :(

cold air intake

well, i think i am going to stay with the stock box for awhile...i got in it and punched it a little in my parking lot and she thru me back in the seat, lol...i wasn't expecting it...and as for the locks, my welding buddy is already set up for that as we talked about it last weekend when we talked about making some skid bars...i just did some electrical tracing work for him and he owes me :D

yea those 4.56's can help a bit in the acceleration dept. :D

wait till I get the motor in mine and try to punch it it will make alot of noise and then liesurely drive away.;)

the power difference i was talking about was from the air filter being cleaned of the dirt compaction...i'm sure the 4.56's didn't hurt either ;) i am still waiting for my locker so i'm thinking my front end will be going together next week...

as for the mean time...yesterday was the first day of summer so since the X was cleaned out, 3 p.m. yesterday i headed out camping for the night...i will post a thread with pics later...i am glad i did a trial run because i need to find answers to little things like...
1) when you lock the front doors you can't open the back doors from the inside??? childlock was off...and there is no way to open the rear hatch from the inside???
2) there is a cap at the rear window...is that for an optional, manual, rear window opener on the inside??? if so, i got to get one...

good thing i'm not clostrophobic, lol...i can see someone having to get up and going to the bathroom in the middle of the night and panicking, lmao...

Back