navigation system on limited a real disapointment | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

navigation system on limited a real disapointment

@Shamalama - interesting fix.

We just had our "fix" done by the dealer. USB stick froze on us so we had no choice.

for all the hoopla, all we can see is that they changed some "icons/indicators" (like the compass) and removed the outside temp from the display. Now only the driver can see that piece of info down in the dash.

They still haven't gotten rid of that annoying, blaring message that comes on right at varying intervals after engine start when you may be trying to back out of a tight spot, etc:

"Sync has connected your phone, and is reminding you that 911 assist is set to off" and then you HAVE to punch the little button to tell it to keep it off.

Sure, the fix is to set it to on. But FWIW, I don't want anyone tracking my car (presuming they aren't anyway).

An alternate message would be "Sync has connected your phone and is reminding you {that someone at Ford/Microsoft needs to be strangled | how much I wish Ford would NOT have used Microsoft | that Ford really doesn't care about what you think }

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rebecca, I've been reading through the old posts....what you've said here is nothing but a cop out!
If there is a problem with any part of the car ..what we call..."recall" it needs to get fixed.
I'm not saying 32 a year but if anyone can't see from reading all these posts that there is a PROBLEM! that needs to be fixed.

Thoughtful, thought out, improving updates are always important to be didtributed when needed not "according to industry standards".
It's no wonder there are not more posts by the thousands here about problems...people read these responses & say outta here spend my time better some place else!

Kelly
"The missing space bar man"

All the problems of the world could be settled easily if men were only willing to think. The trouble is that men very often resort to all sorts of devices in order not to think, because thinking is such hard work.
Thomas J. Watson

Kelly,

What you quoted is in regards to map updates for our navigation systems, not software updates. Our engineers are always working on updates for our SYNC and MyFord Touch systems.

We just had our "fix" done by the dealer. USB stick froze on us so we had no choice.

for all the hoopla, all we can see is that they changed some "icons/indicators" (like the compass) and removed the outside temp from the display. Now only the driver can see that piece of info down in the dash.

They still haven't gotten rid of that annoying, blaring message that comes on right at varying intervals after engine start when you may be trying to back out of a tight spot, etc:

"Sync has connected your phone, and is reminding you that 911 assist is set to off" and then you HAVE to punch the little button to tell it to keep it off.

Sure, the fix is to set it to on. But FWIW, I don't want anyone tracking my car (presuming they aren't anyway).

An alternate message would be "Sync has connected your phone and is reminding you {that someone at Ford/Microsoft needs to be strangled | how much I wish Ford would NOT have used Microsoft | that Ford really doesn't care about what you think }

Frustrated,

Do the following to turn off the reminder:

I > APPS > 911 ASSIST > 911 ASSIST REMINDER > OFF

:) Hope that helps!

Rebecca

Rebecca, I've been reading through the old posts....what you've said here is nothing but a cop out!
If there is a problem with any part of the car ..what we call..."recall" it needs to get fixed.
I'm not saying 32 a year but if anyone can't see from reading all these posts that there is a PROBLEM! that needs to be fixed.

Thoughtful, thought out, improving updates are always important to be didtributed when needed not "according to industry standards".
It's no wonder there are not more posts by the thousands here about problems...people read these responses & say outta here spend my time better some place else!

Kelly
"The missing space bar man"

All the problems of the world could be settled easily if men were only willing to think. The trouble is that men very often resort to all sorts of devices in order not to think, because thinking is such hard work.
Thomas J. Watson

Why are you bringing up this old thread? It relates to the OLD map data and navigation system. you know, the one they FIXED and REPLACED with a different map provider, with updated maps, FREE OF CHARGE for users? :rolleyes:

And your insults of Rebecca are not appreciated either. She does what she can. You have to remember that she's an employee of Ford. What's she gonna say? Ford sucks? Get real. Perhaps read your own sig line before posting.

Kelly,

What you quoted is in regards to map updates for our navigation systems, not software updates. Our engineers are always working on updates for our SYNC and MyFord Touch systems.

Frustrated,

Rebecca

:thumbsup: This has to be in the running for "Post of the Year":thumbsup:

Why are you bringing up this old thread? It relates to the OLD map data and navigation system. you know, the one they FIXED and REPLACED with a different map provider, with updated maps, FREE OF CHARGE for users? :rolleyes:

And your insults of Rebecca are not appreciated either. She does what she can. You have to remember that she's an employee of Ford. What's she gonna say? Ford sucks? Get real. Perhaps read your own sig line before posting.

Thanks, J!

:thumbsup: This has to be in the running for "Post of the Year":thumbsup:

Is it because I'm totally AWESOME, Helicopter?!?!? :biggthump

Rebecca

Frustrated,

Rebecca

Rebecca,

Thanks so much. We had hoped it would be that easy but 2 different Ford dealers (1 large, 1 small) both claimed they had people trained on those systems and neither could tell us there was a way to do it and how.

We asked them to pass our feedback on to Ford (suggestion box???) and both said (rather gruffly) that they have no control over anything Ford does and have no way of passing on our complaint/concern/suggestion.

We appreciate your prompt and accurate response!

Thanks, J!

Is it because I'm totally AWESOME, Helicopter?!?!? :biggthump

Rebecca

:notworthy I'd say so! The level of composure you show here is beyond exemplary!

Rebecca,

Thanks so much. We had hoped it would be that easy but 2 different Ford dealers (1 large, 1 small) both claimed they had people trained on those systems and neither could tell us there was a way to do it and how.

We asked them to pass our feedback on to Ford (suggestion box???) and both said (rather gruffly) that they have no control over anything Ford does and have no way of passing on our complaint/concern/suggestion.

We appreciate your prompt and accurate response!

No problem, Frustrated. Glad I could help! Should you ever have a complaint, concern, or suggestion, please feel free to shoot me a message.

:notworthy I'd say so! The level of composure you show here is beyond exemplary!

You may now address me as Queen of the Forum. Ahahaha!!!! But really, thank you for the compliment!

Rebecca

Back