Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer 5th Generation Explorer > 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer In Vehicle Technology (IVT) Sync, MFT - MyFord Touch

Notices

2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer In Vehicle Technology (IVT) Sync, MFT - MyFord Touch 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer In Vehicle Technology (IVT). Sync, MFT - MyFord Touch issues, and problems, navigation, back up camera, bluetooth, DVD, cell phone, Sony, Sirius, key fob, keyless entry, BLISS, voice commands, etc.

New Navigation Card? (A4)

Old 11-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
boltsfan17
California
2013 Explorer Limited 4WD

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
New Navigation Card? (A4)

I read in another forum Ford has released a new navigation card (A4). Is anyone familiar with this?

I wonder if we have to take our vehicles to the dealership or will Ford send the new card?
boltsfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
VinceL
Frisco, TX
2013 Explorer Limited

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
I went to Navigation.com and it didn't list an update for the 2013 Ex, so I am not sure if they haven't updated their webpage, or if it hasn't been actually released yet?

Check out the Gray Ghost on Fuelly.com
Average Mileage: 21.3
Best Tank: 26.5
VinceL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
boltsfan17
California
2013 Explorer Limited 4WD

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
Here is the TSB for it. The TSB shows a new MFT update as well.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1257774/tsb12-11-01.pdf
boltsfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #4
13Sport
Los Angeles, CA
2013 Explorer Sport

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsfan17 View Post
Here is the TSB for it. The TSB shows a new MFT update as well.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1257774/tsb12-11-01.pdf
lol.. they provide a link for the update right in the TSB now? That's scary, we're going to have a bunch of updated vehicles w/ no navi cards... I wonder what's included in this update, it's a pretty major version change (3.5.1?)
13Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #5
13Sport
Los Angeles, CA
2013 Explorer Sport

Vehicle Specs

Wow the 3.5.1 update is almost twice the size of the 3.2.2 update. That's pretty heavy, I think this is that major update rumored earlier.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
VinceL
Frisco, TX
2013 Explorer Limited

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Fingers and toes crossed this one makes a difference (a positive one that is )

Check out the Gray Ghost on Fuelly.com
Average Mileage: 21.3
Best Tank: 26.5
VinceL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #7
13Sport
Los Angeles, CA
2013 Explorer Sport

Vehicle Specs

I installed the update.. it's NOTICEABLY faster than 3.2.2. Funny enough someone started a thread about the DST time change this morning, that option to turn on/off DST has disappeared, it seems to be adjusting automatically now. It appears that "shuffle" with my iPhone 4S (now being used as an ipod dedicated to the car) is now working correctly, though that might be a side affect of rebooting, so we'll see when I go back out to drive home later this evening.

Voice commands seem faster to respond, but I haven't any any issues w/ voice recognition, so I don't see much difference there.

I'll let you guys know if I find anything else. The navi was near unusable for me prior, so I did the update without the new card, I'll call my dealer later and ask when they expect to have them in stock.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #8
BobbyMarks
Ford Explorer XLT - 2012

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceL View Post
Fingers and toes crossed this one makes a difference (a positive one that is )
Agreed VinceL, hope this time is . Waiting how they will do this, service center or mail... As you said fingers and toes crossed.

Ford Explorer XLT '12 - Ginger Ale; Equipment Group 205A + Floor Mats, Power Lift Gate, Voice Activated Navigation, BLIS / Rear Inflat Blt Package, RemStart, Roof Rack Cross Bars, Cargo area security shade and protector, rear bumper protector, in-channel vent visors and Aeroskin hood protector.
BobbyMarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #9
briteboy
2011 Explorer XLT+Nav,MFT

Vehicle Specs

US A4 Nav card

I just talked with my parts guy at the dealer, and (Surprise...surprise) he didn't have a clue it was out, or that he could order it.

I had to give him the part number, TSB number, and more to get him to order it. I'm surprised I didn't have to go over to the dealer and input it into the system for him...

Haven't done the download yet, that's next. Glad to hear it appears to work better. Only time will tell.
briteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #10
briteboy
2011 Explorer XLT+Nav,MFT

Vehicle Specs

US Fyi...

I just went on the Sync-my-ride site for my Ex, and low and behold there is NOTHING there indicating the new update. Isn't that special... (pounding sand)

It will be interesting to see when the Sync site indicates the update is available. boltsfan said he read about it on another board so it could have been out for a few days already, but anyway today is 11/5/12.

let's see how long it takes them to post it on the Sync page.
briteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #11
peterk9
Ottawa, Ontario area

2014 Lincoln MKT AWD

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by briteboy View Post
I just went on the Sync-my-ride site for my Ex, and low and behold there is NOTHING there indicating the new update. Isn't that special... (pounding sand)

It will be interesting to see when the Sync site indicates the update is available. boltsfan said he read about it on another board so it could have been out for a few days already, but anyway today is 11/5/12.

let's see how long it takes them to post it on the Sync page.
I don't know if this update will appear on SMR for downloading. I printed the TSB and at the very bottom in fine print is states, "The procedures should not be performed by 'do-it-yourselfers'."
Looks like it will be a dealer install.

Peter

Old 11-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #12
GWA1
New Castle, DE
2011 Explorer Limited AWD

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Still nothing on sync my ride as of this morning Nov. 6th
Rebecca,
What have you heard?

Old 11-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #13
BobbyMarks
Ford Explorer XLT - 2012

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWA1 View Post
Still nothing on sync my ride as of this morning Nov. 6th
Rebecca,
What have you heard?
Hey GWA1, Check this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=373722

Hope this helps.

Bobby

Ford Explorer XLT '12 - Ginger Ale; Equipment Group 205A + Floor Mats, Power Lift Gate, Voice Activated Navigation, BLIS / Rear Inflat Blt Package, RemStart, Roof Rack Cross Bars, Cargo area security shade and protector, rear bumper protector, in-channel vent visors and Aeroskin hood protector.
BobbyMarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #14
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep
Dearborn, MI

Ford Explorer

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Hi, Everyone!

Ford has provided a new MyFord Touch software update to our dealers that is available to customers who are experiencing phone compatibility, voice recognition, or navigation issues. Due to the need for vehicles that have the navigation option to receive a new SD card after the update, the software is currently only available through the dealership. We will communicate more information about the availability of the update when available. In the meantime, we do not recommend installing the software from any source except for a certified Ford or Lincoln dealer.

Rebecca

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordExplorer facebook.com/Ford
FordIVTteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #15
GWA1
New Castle, DE
2011 Explorer Limited AWD

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hi, Everyone!

Ford has provided a new MyFord Touch software update to our dealers that is available to customers who are experiencing phone compatibility, voice recognition, or navigation issues. Due to the need for vehicles that have the navigation option to receive a new SD card after the update, the software is currently only available through the dealership. We will communicate more information about the availability of the update when available. In the meantime, we do not recommend installing the software from any source except for a certified Ford or Lincoln dealer.

Rebecca
Thanks for the update Rebecca.

GWA1

Old 11-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #16
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep
Dearborn, MI

Ford Explorer

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWA1 View Post
Thanks for the update Rebecca.

GWA1
You're welcome, GWA1!

Rebecca

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordExplorer facebook.com/Ford
FordIVTteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #17
darth_hangover
'11 Limted (on Order)

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hi, Everyone!

Rebecca
Rebecca, any chance we can get information about what they mean by problems with phone compatibility? Will this finally allow my iPhone to display text messages on the MFT screen? Ford has been very quiet about this after announcing on SMR that they would provide information on this in October.

Thanks!

DH
darth_hangover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #18
peterk9
Ottawa, Ontario area

2014 Lincoln MKT AWD

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Received a call from my dealer that they have verified that my Ex requires the update. They are ordering the A4 SD card and have set up an appoint for installation of V3.5.1 and card next week.

Peter

Old 11-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #19
13Sport
Los Angeles, CA
2013 Explorer Sport

Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_hangover View Post
Will this finally allow my iPhone to display text messages on the MFT screen? Ford has been very quiet about this after announcing on SMR that they would provide information on this in October.
This isn't a Ford issue. Apple yanked MAP (messaging access protocol) support out of the iOS 6.0 release. This protocol is what is required for MFT to talk to your iPhone for text messages. Unless Apple added MAP support back into 6.0.1 released a few days ago, texting integration with iPhone will not work yet.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #20
edub
North Carolina
2013 Explorer XLT

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
is there any way to find out if we have any open FSA, other than taking to dealer?
edub is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends: