Navigation card mailed to me?

ieee_raider

Reaction score
City, State
Paris, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
Hi Forum!
We purchased a '13 Explorer Sport last week with 402A.
When I took delivery, the dealer explained that Ford would mail me the Navigation SD card.
I'm beginning to think this doesn't seem right.
Is that true? Or did your explorer come with the SD card in place for navigation?

Thanks!

I tried searching and couldn't find this already covered, sorry if it has been!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine was in it when I took delivery. I haven't heard Ford is mailing them out and when they have an update you have to bring it to the dealer to get the new cars installed. I would check on that if I were you. Doesn't seem legit.

Hi Forum!
When I took delivery, the dealer explained that Ford would mail me the Navigation SD card.
Is that true? Or did your explorer come with the SD card in place for navigation?

Thanks!

When I bought mine, as the guy was going over things as we were sitting inside he explained to me to insert the card. I would not have left the dealership without a functioning nav. That is just not ok.

it comes in the owners manual package that's all sealed up. When we bought ours the salesman cut the package open right in front of us and took out the stack of books, the manual case, the nav card, etc. It was all bundled and wrapped together from Ford. Sounds like one of two things....

1.) somebody wanted a new map sd card for themselves, and took the one that came with your vehicle, and figured you'd eventually get one from Ford since you didn't get it with delivery, and they didn't have to pay the $100 or whatever it is for it

2.) your salesman is a moron and didn't realize that it comes bundled up with the owners manual, and maybe if you check the glovebox it'll be in a thin plastic case waiting for you to pop it in the SD slot lol

Mine was in the truck when I took delivery.

On mine it came in the glove box with the manuals and its installation was part of the of the delivery prep.

Go find the Sales Manager, or better yet the Dealership Owner:::

Hi Forum!

Thanks!

Did you check to see if the card was already installed? If your navigation is working, the card has to be in the slot. The card should say A4 on it. The only time Ford mails these cards is if there is a version update that the owner can do themselves and that requires a new card. You then have to request it. All vehicles that have the navigation should come with the SD card either installed by the dealer or with the booklets that come with the vehicle. What your dealer said doesn't make any sense.
Mine was already installed as part of the pre-delivery process.

Peter

Thanks all!
I went back up to the dealership today, apparently it was a mixup with my transfer.
My dealer didn't have the Sport I was looking for, so they traded with another dealer. The dealer sent the car without the SD card.
My dealer caught it and the original dealer was supposed to mail me the SD card. Well, that never happened, so I just got another SD card from my dealer today and they'll figure it out with the original dealer.

Thanks to y'all's feedback, I didn't have to wait any longer, so thanks!

Back