Question and Introduction | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question and Introduction

LPeach

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Ranger
Howdy, all. I'm a Noob on this site and I'm in need of some guidance on a 1997 Ford Ranger. Where should I be to ask a question about a broken timing chain?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the reply. My question is actually about the responsibilities of repair shop when they broke the timing chain gear bolt while they were replacing the intake manifold gasket. Please don't ask me how they did it, I don't know. But they claimed it wasn't anything they did wrong and consequently was going to cost me an additional $700 for the timing gear repair plus the original $580 for the gasket.

Welcome to the Forum!~

Good luck with the ranger

Hello, I am new to this forum. Where should I ask my question about how to find out which transmission I need for my 2002 ford explorer xlt 4.0 SOHC 4 wheel drive. I read on here about looking on the sticker on the driver door under "TR" that there would be a letter. Well I checked out the sticker and it's a little worn out and I'm not seeing where it's at on there. Can anyone help? Too bad you can't include pictures on here so someone could see the pic of my sticker.

Back