What happened to adaptive cruise control on 2014s? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What happened to adaptive cruise control on 2014s?

...When you build your Ford Explorer. When you put in 302A package, you automatically get the Adaptive Cruise Control. I'll make a youtube video to show you. Maybe you can fix the website so it won't mislead people...

I agree that the website is misleading. So is the fact that previous model years included it as part of that package. I think either Ford or the original poster's dealer dropped the ball on this one...

I agree there seems to be a problem with the Ford website 'Build' function...

Hi 1995E, jrmexplorer, and peterk9.

I'm going to pass this info along to the Explorer brand manager, who will be able to figure out what's going on with Build and Price. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. :)

Ashley

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I was building a Sport on the website with similar options that I have on order now, it would try to drop the 401A package when I tried adding some options, like mud flaps, bumper protector and I think the cargo cover. Maybe a few bugs on the Sport build online also, haven't tried lately so maybe its sorted by now.

Very disappointed that it seems like they are duping people on the 302 package. We specifically asked the dealer about the ACC and collision system and they told us it was on our new vehicle due to the 302a package. Now after having it nearly a week we find it is not part of the package. Aggravating.

Very disappointed that it seems like they are duping people on the 302 package. We specifically asked the dealer about the ACC and collision system and they told us it was on our new vehicle due to the 302a package. Now after having it nearly a week we find it is not part of the package. Aggravating.
Welcome to the Forum Paul and Heather.:wavey:
If you check out Ford.com you will see that Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning is a stand alone option ($1150). It is not included in any package.
The ACC is my favourite and most used option after the auto lock/unlock on the door handle. Unfortunately it also something that I don't believe can be added after the fact. You would be surprised at how many sales people do not know all the features that are included with the packages or even that the feature may exist at all. My salesman readily admitted that I knew more about the Explorer than he did when I ordered it in Dec. 2010. I told him that was because while he had many models to think about, I was solely concentrated on the Explorer and found out everything to know about it before hand. Of course the 5th generation was just in production at that time and there weren't even any to look at yet except on the Internet.

Peter

I was also caught by the 302a option when I bought my 2014 Explorer LTD last year. I was assured more than once by the salesperson that my vehicle was fitted with the adaptive cruise control option but sadly that was not the case. On the test drive in heavy traffic the salesperson did not demonstrate the feature to me, he could not even get the lane-keeping feature to work, I think he had a poor knowledge of the vehicle. He went to great lengths demonstrating the parking assist feature that I have not used since purchasing the vehicle. I am wondering if it is possible to retrofit adaptive cruise control as it is a feature that I would like to have?

I doubt that you can add Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) after the fact. It works in conjunction with the Collision Warning with Brake Support system. The feature requires the radar sensing unit behind the front bumper. If you go to the Ford.com website, you will see that the 302A package does not include the ACC. It is a standalone option worth $1,150. I found the ACC to be the most used feature on my previous 2011 Limited. The Active Park Assist was used once in the 3 years I had it mainly because of where I live (small town).
It is always best to do your own homework on a vehicle first instead of relying solely on a salesperson. Unfortunately, many members have found that out the hard way.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Paul and Heather.:wavey:
If you check out Ford.com you will see that Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning is a stand alone option ($1150). It is not included in any package.
The ACC is my favourite and most used option after the auto lock/unlock on the door handle. Unfortunately it also something that I don't believe can be added after the fact. You would be surprised at how many sales people do not know all the features that are included with the packages or even that the feature may exist at all. My salesman readily admitted that I knew more about the Explorer than he did when I ordered it in Dec. 2010. I told him that was because while he had many models to think about, I was solely concentrated on the Explorer and found out everything to know about it before hand. Of course the 5th generation was just in production at that time and there weren't even any to look at yet except on the Internet.

Peter
Can we confirm that Adaptive Cruise Control / Collision Warning isn't a dealer installable option?

Can we confirm that Adaptive Cruise Control / Collision Warning isn't a dealer installable option?
It is not. It is part of an option package.

Back