lower grille replacement 2012 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lower grille replacement 2012 explorer

ragg97

Reaction score
City, State
Cranston,R.I.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford Explorer XLT
I had my lower grill taken out by a piece of retread on the highway. I have the replacement part but it does not look like you can insert from the front. Looks like you need to remove entire grille to replace it. Anyone had any experience with this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had my lower grill taken out by a piece of retread on the highway. I have the replacement part but it does not look like you can insert from the front. Looks like you need to remove entire grille to replace it. Anyone had any experience with this?
Welcome to the Forum ragg97.:wavey:
A picture would help. To my knowledge there is only one grille. Are you sure it isn't part of the bumper assembly?

Peter

Yes part marked 17k945

Yes part marked 17k945

Mine has always popped out. Horrible engineering. I finally removed it.

It installs from behind. You can manipulate it from the front. Good luck getting it to stay in.

Thanks for the info. I tried from the front and I can't get enough leverage to snap together

Welcome to the Forum ragg97.:wavey:
A picture would help. To my knowledge there is only one grille. Are you sure it isn't part of the bumper assembly?

Peter

Did you get my reply Peter on the part marked on the diagram?

Yes I did. I guess I overlooked that as being another grille. I don't recall anyone else posting about problems with it so I'm sure how you could best install it.

Peter

Back