0 Ga Power wire routing. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

0 Ga Power wire routing.

Courage68

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 XLT Sport
Hey guys , Tried searching for my question but couldn't find an answer.

Ive got a 05 explorer v6

And I just ordered up a 0/ga wire kit. I took a look under the hood and seen a couple places on how it can be routed.

My question is what is the easiest way of running the wire from the battery to the back of the truck.

Was also thinking of hiding the amp under the rear seats (not the 3rd row)

in my 00 explorer 4 door I routed my 0 gauge from the battery then drilled a bigger hole in the firewall kinda above where the brake pedal is. if you peel back the carpet you should see a hole there already. then i installed a rubber grommet so the wire wouldn't rub and cut open. then with the drivers seat and rear seat completely out i peeled back the carpet and ran the wire right down the middle of the vehicle under the carpet. then came up behind the rear seats where it connected to the amp. my amp is attached to my sub box which sits right behind my rear seats so the amp is "sandwiched" between the box and the rear seats. that way all my wires are hidden. if you try to run your wire in the "wire track" which is on the bottom of the door jams it will be tough to get it to fit i believe (at least on my vehicle) so i put the smaller wires in there RCAS and remote turn on and speaker wire (for my 2nd amp running the speakers)

hope that helped? i could maybe get some pictures with a little bit of work

Yeah that sounds good , i was talking to a friend and he said he did almost the same thing you did , drilled a hole and ran it that way.

Ill see what i can do , and ill report back with pictures to help others

with smaller wire you could probably get away without drilling a hole because there are already a few holes drilled with factory wires running through.. but I do not think that thick of wire would fit.. plus I didn't want search lol what kinda equipment are you going to be running.. thats some big ass wire!

Back