i want wheels! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

i want wheels!

Im trying to get wheels on my explorer. I dont wanna be like everyone else where im at so i im gonna get stock wheels off another vehicle and have them painted. Anyone have any ideas on what would fit perfect without any other parts or adjustments?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wheels off jeep cherokees, (not grand cherokee) chevy s10 blazers and pickups, other ford explorers 1st thru 3rd (maybe 4th) gens, jeep wranglers, and i think there are others.

Thanks guys. Now all i need to do is find a set i like lol. I appreciate the help. If you guys know anyone getting rid of some for decent price please let me know.

wheels off jeep cherokees, (not grand cherokee) chevy s10 blazers and pickups, other ford explorers 1st thru 3rd (maybe 4th) gens, jeep wranglers, and i think there are others.

S10 wheels will not fit. They are 5X4.75" bolt pattern. Explorers are 5x4.5" bolt pattern.

Also, Cherokee's/Wranglers center holes are smaller and may not fit over the hub flange.

Well i have a buddy and i think he has jeep cherokee wheels on his. He would trade me but i dont like the style myself. Do you know what wheels would fit no problems at all. Or no adjustments made?

the cherokee wheels do fit, the center bore is actually a perfect fit over the hubs at leats on a 1st gen. i use steelc herokee wheels on my 91 for winter rims and there are several cherokees in town with 2nd gen explorer wheels on them. i had not tried the s10 rims before, i have just been told they would fit. thank you for the correction.

rLqowhh.jpg

Thats good. The guy i know has a set but they need sanding and paint bad.. i just dont like the style of them. I kinda want something with a little less rim. The rim it self has like thicker spokes and if i go 5 spoke i kinda want them a little less thinner if you get what im saying. Not really up to par with how to post pictures but i guess im gonna have to go to junkyard and find a set of wheels that fit and that i would like. I want nice knobby tires but dont want the rim to make it look stupid. So ill kinda have to get a glimse of some rins i would like. I really appreciate the help.

the cherokee wheels do fit, the center bore is actually a perfect fit over the hubs at leats on a 1st gen. i use steelc herokee wheels on my 91 for winter rims and there are several cherokees in town with 2nd gen explorer wheels on them. i had not tried the s10 rims before, i have just been told they would fit. thank you for the correction.

rLqowhh.jpg

It's the 2nd gen that there might be a fitment problem with using Cherokee or Wrangler wheels. Explorer wheels fit the Jeeps because the center hole is larger.

Ranger wheels & Mustang wheels have the same bolt pattern. Older 2wd Toyota trucks also used a 5x4.5" bolt pattern.

i thought the center bore was smaller on the 2nd gens because they dont hav e the same type of hub. but i have never really bothered to check.n i have seen 1st gen wheels on a 2nd gen also, like the stock throwing star style, and the center bore is exactly the same between the cherokee rims and my stock ones.

What do you mean throwing star style? Are they like 5 spike wheels. Sounds goofy but i kinda wanna go with a 5 spoke wheel. Not to skinny of a spoke like a tuner would have but not to big either. If you guys know what i mean. Is they any way you guys could post picks of some wheels you guys would think looks decent?

Back