SOMEONE PLEASE HELP wheels 97 eddie bauer awd 5.0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP wheels 97 eddie bauer awd 5.0

:Dso im totally changin the look of my 97 eddie bauer 5.0 AWD, custom paint, tinted glass, new lighting, and .................... WHEELS, this is where my problem comes into play, im shopping for wheels online and when i enter the make model and year of my truck either they dont have an option for the eddie bauer AWD .. OR if they do, when i search for wheel/tire combos for my truck it tells me that my vehicle has a unique tire/wheel combo and they done carry anything for my truck. what makes it "unique" ?? ive had a '00 sport, and a 99 XLT i never had any probs finding aftermarket wheels for either of those. someone please shed some light on this situation for me, if i cant put the wheels on it then im going back totally stock. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Just match the lug pattern -- 5 on 4.5 inches and whatever backpacing you want.

To find your stock backspacing, remove one wheel and measure:
MeasureBackspacing.jpg

thats what i figured, i was curious if changing the wheel and or tire size could in some way damage the front differential?? ive never had to mess with the awd and god knows i want to avoid it at all cost lol :D

Just try to stay around the same overall diameter of the original tire (search Google for a tire size calculator if you dont know) or else the speedometer will be off a bit.

...There are tire calculator's and more to be found in the "How To" in my signature..;)

Back