weird noise coming from intake!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

weird noise coming from intake!!

Well all I know is you will need a left handed monkey wrench to change the muffler bearings...:):):):)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pfft... You chumps with your mufflers. Gotta run that straight-piped V8.

Well sorry about the super late delay guys but it appears that the issue was indeed the idle air control valve. Changed it about two months ago and no issues so far! Now, I will say only go with the Motorcraft one, well worth the extra cost. I've heard that other cheaper brands don't work as well and make a strange noise. Hope this helped.

I can also confirm that the intake gurgling has been solved after replacing my IAC. I attempted to give both the IAC and throttle body a thorough cleaning first, but the noise came back worse than ever shortly after. Replacing with a Motorcraft IAC (90 bucks off rockauto) did the trick, and it's now quiet as a mouse.

-Dubya

Agreed! Cleaning it will not work. Also, if you're replacing the IAC, you might as well get a brand new gasket. Costs less than $2 at autozone.

Back