Center Console | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Center Console

Thanks! Not bad for $100 out of pocket haha.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's a super nice job !! Looks great !!

Thanks! Not bad for $100 out of pocket haha.

It makes it all the sweeter when it doesn't break the bank! Be sure to let us know how the coloring on the seats hold up.

Thanks! Trying to keep it looking stock with the colors. The Aviators center console's are two tone like that. Now i just need from Aviator front seats!!

dude this is such an awesome idea! i would love to do this some time. good job man!

I've been wanting to do this for a while. How'd you get everything so cheap?

MCD04EB - Thanks!!

frostmonkey - There was a salvage yard about 40 miles from me that had the seats listed on Ebay for $120. Talked him down to $100. As far as the console they typically are running on Ebay for $100-120. I sold my bench seat for $150 and spent around $50-75 on the SEM Classic Coat to change the seat and console color. The seats were very cheap and I have never seen a deal like that before. I just couldn't pass it up!!

Bringing this back up - how is the SEM Classic Coat holding up? I'm considering refinishing a steering wheel that has discolored by using that stuff.

I sold the truck 2 years ago but it held up well. As far as a steering wheel there might be an issue with you always having your hands on it. If you're just doing the center you should be fine. I would take your time and do good prep work and it should hold up fine!

Back