• Register Today It's free!

Hello :)

Daveos

Reaction score
City, State
Southern UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer Sport
So, I am no longer a Jeep owner. I feel relieved to be rid of my 03 liberty sport (headache) and just scored on this 2001 explorer sport. The guy I bought it from was the original owner, and had documentation for every red cent spent and every servicing it ever received. It has about 110K on it, but with the 4.88 gears and 35" tires its more like 90K on it. (Spedo registers 80 at 65mph)

explorer.jpg

One owner. Original paint. 3" body lift with Rancho RS 9000 shocks. Revised rear shock location. New sport trac rear springs. New lower control arms (30 miles). New outer bearing hubs (30 miles). New upper ball joints. New inner and outer tie rod ends. Custom built front light bar. Front end modified for 2" more travel. Custom made diamond plate fender guards. Warrior ubold skid plates. Warrior shackles kit. Meticulously maintained and never wrecked. Surco roof rack. Hi lift jack. 4:88 gear ratio. Front and rear lockers. Custom build rock sliders. MAC cold air kit, Mac catback exhaust. And more. Picked it up for $6500.

I'll be frequenting these forums!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great looking Explorer, nice score!!

We have a group run in Moab every year. I hope you can join us next spring :chug:

Thanks, I may just do that! Just applied for a job in Moab.

You have a lot of posts. I'm trying to figure out what gear oil I should use for these 4:88 gears? :help:

Great looking Explorer, nice score!!

We have a group run in Moab every year. I hope you can join us next spring :chug:

I like Lucas 85-140. The low gears make a lot of heat and the heavier oil helps.

Back