UK Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

UK Explorer

My X is a 1999 UK 'North Face' model , this has colour coded bumpers etc , as in the UK we don't tend to go for chrome as much as you guys across the pond .Leather interior and all of the other goodies . The first change I'm making to it is getting it converted to run on LPG , petrol is about $6.70 a gallon in the UK after that fool Tony Blair has had his tax , LPG is under $3.20 a gallon so quite a saving if you do a few miles . :uk:

6043.jpg

6534.jpg

6632.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats a good looking X. I like the color 2. $6.70 is alot of money we get mad when it goes u to $2 bucks!!!!

Welcome to the site, and nice Explorer you have there sir.

Would really like a close up of the emblem below your side marker/turn signal light on the back of the front fender.

And mabey another interior shot for us unluck fellows without the console.

Jeff - :navajo:

stupid question... what is LPG?

I think you need to mod your steering wheel and put it back on the other side :confused: Definately would like to have a hand brake though! Lucky.

GooseR said:
stupid question... what is LPG?
LPG is Liquefied Petroleum Gas (same sort of stuff we have in cylinders to fire up the bar-b-q ) . As it's a cleaner fuel than petrol our mad Government dont tax it as much ,hence 1/2 price at the moment :D

SVO said:
Would really like a close up of the emblem below your side marker/turn signal light on the back of the front fender.

Thanks for the comments guys , I'll get the camera out at the weekend (missis will think I'm mad :confused: )

IN THE STICKS said:
LPG is Liquefied Petroleum Gas (same sort of stuff we have in cylinders to fire up the bar-b-q ) . As it's a cleaner fuel than petrol our mad Government dont tax it as much ,hence 1/2 price at the moment :D

well how do you convert to LPG then? would you have to replace the whole motor?

GooseR said:
well how do you convert to LPG then? would you have to replace the whole motor?
Goose....
They replace the spare wheel with a 'doughnut' shape tank to hold the lpg (about 15 gallons), then fit sequential injectors and other bits and bobs under the hood . You still can run the car on petrol and can switch between the two at a flick of the switch .The tyres on the car get filled with a 'gel' that seals any puncture so no need to have a spare wheel lying around in the boot (you call it a trunk !!!).It's due to be fitted in the next week , so I'll post some pics if anyones interested ;)

post conversion pics!
LPG vehicles here are usually emissions exempt also, which means you can go nuts on the motor!

SVO said:

here's one more .....

6648.jpg

IN THE STICKS said:
here's one more .....

Sweeeet, that actually looks like a Mondeo shifter assy. that thier using for that. Hmmmmmm!

i like that shifter, i sure wish i ha done and a hand brake. i hate yall. no j/k ;)

What setup is the OEM radio? It appears to be only casette... I thought they'd give much more than that in a North Face edition!

AdamCKach said:
What setup is the OEM radio? It appears to be only casette... I thought they'd give much more than that in a North Face edition!

It's not too bad as it goes it's a rad/cass with a 6 disc autochanger in the trunk :D

dman726749 said:
I fixed your truck..it seems someone put the steering wheel on the wrong side :D

LOL@ dman :D :D

Another UK owner- Welcome.

Its good to see you here mate, Ihave a 98 XLT in white check it out.
Lets talk when you get a chance it would be great to swap advice and maybe we can arrange a meet, one has taken place already and we have posted pics here, have a look and let me know ok.
Good luck
BIG HVM

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That looks great. Nice X.

Back