Diamond Everything w/ Projectors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Diamond Everything w/ Projectors

They came! My diamond corners, signals and headlamps came! I pulled the diamond lenses off the headlamps and put them on my projector-fitted lamps. These look AWESOME! MUCH more light output. I've got a few pics attached.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,718
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,694
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,672

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great :thumbsup: Did you buy that Pro Car Parts set for $100 and something $$$?

$155 shipped for diamond corners, signals and lamps. I did order from PCP.

That light pattern is going to be WAY better!

Looks nice!

Ryan

5k posts! Woo! My life is officially meaningless! :D Gonna be testing the lights tonight so I'll get some beam pics while I'm at it.

Looks awsome. Love the projectors with the black surround!

Looks good. Can't wait to see the lighting output!

-Drew

Husky are those xenon headlights on your Explorer

If so how many K are they cause I am thinking of getting HIDS for my 01 Sport.

I am either going to get like 6000k or 8000k HIDS.

Sams01XplrSprt said:
Husky are those xenon headlights on your Explorer

If so how many K are they cause I am thinking of getting HIDS for my 01 Sport.

I am either going to get like 6000k or 8000k HIDS.
Yeah. They're Bi-xenon HID projectors off a Mercedes, to be exact ;) These are 4100k or 4300k, which is closest to sunlight, so they give off the most usable light. 6000k is more purplish. The higher you go the more color, but the less usable light you get.

Badass. Nice work.

WOW! Night and day difference! It's like switching from halogen to HID all over again. The light shines farther and spreads lots more. I am VERY happy with this outcome! Pictures never do the light justice, but you get an idea. First is low, second is high, third is the left headlight low.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,631
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,628
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,622

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,620

WOW......almost makes you wish you would have STARTED with that set-up!

How much did the the set-up cost you, Parts and Labor?

Ryan

Yeah, these didn't come out until maybe a month after my project was completed, so that sucks. Price? Hmm. $100 for new headlamps, $150 for projectors, Hella ballasts & Philips bulbs $200, $150 for labor. $600, add in the diamond lamps and $750.

So, how many times have you gotten flashed for having your "high beams" on? :)

Not once. I got these aimed by Pepboys and haven't had any problems. That was a big concern. When I actually turn the highs on I'm sure I'd get flashed, but I only do that on dark streets and country roads.

Sweet. Did Pep Boys put them in too?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope. Found a guy on hidforum.com (now HIDplanet) that would do it for $150 + parts. It took a couple months but I did get them back. Apparently other people are having problems with him not sending out their stuff nowadays. The aiming took TWO HOURS and only cost $20 :D

Back