• Register Today It's free!

Please Help Codes Codes Codes

WickedGTP

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport
Good evening everyone, Nice website you guys have here, I've travled over from www.clubgp.com. Anyways I've recently inherited a 1998 Ford Explorer Sport its the 4.0L SOHC Automatic 2WD. The motor was replaced about 10K miles ago and the check engine light has been on ever since I got it. I've scanned and I've got these codes.

B1352 -Ignition in Circuit Fault
B1359 -Ignition Run/ Accesory Circuit Failure
B1600 -???
P0420 -Catalyst System Effciency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
P1260 -???

Electronic Automatic Temp Control
Drivers Seat Module
Parking Aid Module
Automatic Ride Control
(These 4 are all no response on the ISO 'K' Line Circuit 70 pin 7 at DLC)

The car runs great but my average fuel economy is around 8MPH I can barely go 180 miles on a full tank. My question to you guys is where in the world do I even start I don't have any kind of diagrahm so I have no idea where ISO K line circuit 70 pin 7 is. Don't know where the ground is or if the module is faulty or if I've got a cut wire. Any help is greatly appreciated Also my blinkers will not work unless the tilt on the stearing wheel us pushed up as far as it can go. If I tilt the steering wheel down while blinkers are on they automatically shut off. Thanks for any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

B DTCs are Body controls while P is powertrain -- I would suspect you have a clogged converter. You may have a possible ignition switch problem. When the truck is running...try to move the key around a little and see if anything happens. How many miles are on this vehicle?

-Drew

110,000 actual miles and 10,000 on the new motor.

I would check all your fuses, both interior and exterior (power distribition box). My bet is one of those is gone and its taken a few things with it. Check for accessories and stuff that doesn't work... that will help you direct your attention to those fuse/ powering/grounding areas.

I've checked all my fuses and ever accesory works except for the radio station light. It only works when it wants too. The other issue is my air is always set to hot, even if I have it turned to cold the only way I can keep it cool is if I turn it to Max A/C. If I put it on regular A/C its still hot.

Oops.... I should have also mentioned relays.... for instance the PCM relay. On the A/C side of things... is your A/C clutch cycling on non max positions?

Back