• Register Today It's free!

Bolts For Torsion Bar

dpw41285

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Wayne Indiana USMC
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 4x4 Sport
As some of you read i leved my X and i maxed out he driver side bolt, the pass still has atleast an inch left. What is the thread pitch and dimensions of this bolt....and the recommened size for a longer one. I want to play around with rasing the front some. Do longer bolts allow me more lift persay? Dont know if my thinking is backwards, yes i know only 2in lift...could someone fill me in

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

M12-1.75 x 100mm (longer one)

How much can be gained with longer bolts?? Anyone already posted on this??

Yes, it has been covered numerous times. Some guy was running a 5" TT for a while even. :eek:

525 your truck is my role model it looks great!

with just longer bolts? searching for the threads now, could ya hook me up with a link...if not no big deal

wow if you search for TT there is a thread called where to start. Very interesting, not looking for 5-6in of TT dut to ride/travel. The reason is i didnt TT the pass side at all and the drivers side is maxed out i would like to do my TT so maybe i can put on some 4dr leaf, i do have an aal laying in the garage!!!

I had the same problem with mine as well, the drivers is all but maxed out and the pass only took a few turns

Yeah I just did mine today andmaxed out the drivers sidejust to get it even wih the passenger (only got an inch) so I figure I should be able to get alonger bolt and get another 2 inches (cause tats really only 2 inches from stock. I have yet to figure out what torsion bars I have. The code on the door says AF

theres a thread, i believe a sticky maybe that tells you everything about your torsion bars and rear leafs. bein a v8 awd your prolly have the b bars. where in vancouver are you, i live at ubc.

yah i thought it would be the b as well but it says A? checked the other link about the codes but nuthin tere for A. . . oh well

I'm right down town burrard and Davie

we should go out wheeling sometime

Bolts will be here Tomorrow!!!!!!!

damn pgdsm, i prolly passed your house a couple of times on the bus. if you need any help with your truck or anything give me a shout. i plan to go wheelin mid march with another guy off the furom.

i'd really like a link or to just know where you are getting your bolts from, i've looked all over and cant find them. thank you

go to a autmotive mechanic place or somethin like that...preferably the places that work on trucks cuz they have grade 8 material.

[QUOTE='97 V8]damn pgdsm, i prolly passed your house a couple of times on the bus. if you need any help with your truck or anything give me a shout. i plan to go wheelin mid march with another guy off the furom.[/QUOTE]

Like wise if you ned a hand with anything. I have limited tools but a decent mount of knowledge.

I went to a local store called Fastenol, they had them but not the hex head, and the bolt was only threaded 3/8 the way up, i ordered them fully threaded with the right head

could you score me a set of those and ill pay yo for em. im havin a hell of a time finding em here in canadia.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fastenal has distrubutors in Canada as WELL i got the 100mm i hope thats good enough i didnt want a bolt hanging down under my truck! Whats stock length, oh yeah got my bolts and my 4 door leaf pack with 41xxx on it. It already sits pretty good with the shackles and the driver TT so hopefully i can really get what i want out of my sport if not i got that aal laying around!

Back