PCV Valve Location 2000 4.0L SOHC E Bauer 2WD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PCV Valve Location 2000 4.0L SOHC E Bauer 2WD

paul19may

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I know this seems unlikely but I cannot for te life of me find the PCV valve on my 2000 E Bauer 2WD 4.0L SOHC. The Haynes manual says near the brake booster, I see all of that, the hoses from the top of the crankcase but am at a loss to locate the PCV Valve- appreciate any help if you know where these are located. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its about in the center behind the intake manifold. Not real easy to see.

On the passenger side of the intake manifold, coming off the bottom about the center of the engine front to back, you'll feel a hose that comes off a nipple. That hose makes a 90 degree bend and goes around to the rear of the motor. Where that hose meets the Y-connector from the other side of the intake you'll find the PCV valve. It's almost impossible to see it with the hood installed, and even tougher to reach it.

-Joe

Perfect- found it, many thanks. It was a devil to locate.

A have the same problem. Will look for the PCV valve there. I've found that the PCV valve location information at parts stores and even at the Ford dealer is wrong on this one, indicating the PCV is either in the front top or back side of the driver side valve cover. Looks like a change by Ford in 1999 and later models.

yep. it's very hard to find/see. changing it isn't much fun either...

locate pcv 2003 sport track

It took me 7 hours over a few days to find the pcv valve in my 2003 sport track sohc 6 cyl. I have built robots that are welding American jets right now! But that was welding and my problem is driving. I found this excellent tutorial. I can not remember where, but to save you 4 or 5 hours, I'll paste it here with my thanks,and apologies to the original poster. If I coppied the url, I was connected with an opera songer in Spain. So....not so good.
Well the posting must be against the rules. email me at
bb321@tampabay.rr.com and I'll gladly send pics and description.
Just trying to save someone half a day.
I have a new camera so maybe I'll film mine being changed.
I did find it on a ford ranger/explorer website that has tons of great info and will save you the "gotchas". the parts you would have ruined without their help. So please try them, and if your stuck I'll email the procedure with pics. I hope this helps ANYBODY.
Barry321

Hi, That is the link. It took me forever to find it.

This should not be such a big secret. We all know where it might/should be, but not exactly. It looks different than my wifes 1990 302 169,000miles/original clutch, my 1992 RANGER (239,000 MILES) and my 1999 exploder. But now it is found and I will be victorious. My retarded son-in-law bought some small yellow ford-like car. I spent 4 hours on an idle adjustmant motor. It was two inches forward of the back of the radio. I used many of my tools to get that thing.
gREAT SITE, i HAVE BEEN HELPED 4 OR 5 TIMES SO FAR, AND i WANT TO POST A VID BUT SO FAR HAVE BEEN BEATEN TO IT. i'LL KEEP TRYING THOUGH. tHE PROBLEM IS WE ONLY DRIVE fORDS and THEY NEED SO LITTLE! SORRY FOR THE CAPS, UNTIL THE DAY I die.

Thats interesting,when i changed my upper/lower intake gaskets i also changed a kind of black box oil separator that sits below the wiring loom ect between the heads,I didn't realise there was a pcv valve fitted too.

I finally found it. All of the instructions above are correct so hopefully this adds to that and makes it a little easier for the next person. Start where the passenger windshield wiper connects to the car draw an imaginary line straight down the firewall in the engine compartment (but behind the engine), you'll see/feel it. The original one on my truck was black (with black hoses) making hard to see but if you reach your hand back there, you'll feel it. Hope that helps

Back