Found the reverse wire. 2003 Explorer XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Found the reverse wire. 2003 Explorer XLT

miked37945

Reaction score
City, State
Riverdale, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
Found behind the driver's kick panel in the large wire bundle, it's black and Pink. Found the VSS wire in the third plug from the rear of the factory radio.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

great find.....what did you install for a camera?

Honestly, I hooked it up because it was part of the harness. The manual states that the Nav Unit needs it to know if the vehicle is going forward or backward (go Figure) and to activate the rear camera if you have one. I don't have a camera but may get one depending on the going ebay prices over the summer.

Sorry for the 3 year super bump, but can you repost the pictures? they are no longer showing up. I just installed a Poineer AVIC nav unit and I need to find those two wires. Could you describe the VSS wire a little better? Thanks!

Sorry for the 3 year super bump, but can you repost the pictures? they are no longer showing up. I just installed a Poineer AVIC nav unit and I need to find those two wires. Could you describe the VSS wire a little better? Thanks!

The VSS wire should be a gray wire with a black stripe.

2 year bump

Amazing no answer

Who knows what wire is hot only in reverse ? In the dash to fuse junction block under ip???

All the pink black are really pink gray and hot all the time

Back