• Register Today It's free!

temp sensor?

73stallion

Reaction score
City, State
East Houston
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
does anybody know where the sensor is for the outside temp gauge in the overhead console? not the engine temp, but the outside air temp. it's a '99 sport.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

does anybody know where the sensor is for the outside temp gauge in the overhead console? not the engine temp, but the outside air temp. it's a '99 sport.

look by the radiator support in the front of the truck. There may be two sensors there, the one you want looks like a small cigar, it has a flat top.

Typically on the driveside, behind the bumper/grill by the radiator.

i thought those were airbag sensors. cool, thanks.

how much heat from the engine or radiator does it typically pick up? yesterday mine said 113*, today it said 108*. when i started moving it came down.

Airbag sensors? Be careful thats not what you get ahold of! Search the trans cooler threads for pictures. Some show the temp sensor.

i thought those were airbag sensors. cool, thanks.

how much heat from the engine or radiator does it typically pick up? yesterday mine said 113*, today it said 108*. when i started moving it came down.

That's about normal for around here...well...maybe a tad low. What's the problem??? :D

Back