Tbars Project "X" begins | Page 37 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tbars Project "X" begins

First and foremost my ranger is my favorite truck...I will not let any of you fools try to talk me into changing my new project into some rock beast, lmao...this rig is just to go camping and fishing in and thats it...it took all the money i had to buy and the seller was great and is a new member here....thanks rick, the seller that is...

I have never as much sat in an explorer and today was the first time i opened a door on one...

It needs alot of tlc and a new 4.0 motor as the current one is seized...It needs a bit of paint work as the clear coat is shot and the front fenders are a different color....

Notes
1) Kbabiak, you need to make some pre-made shipping tags with my name on them as I will be needed a bunch of little parts...
2) Admin Rick, I sent my new membership dues in at 8am this morning as i was hoping to be a new X owner...
3)All elite members, I am going to need alot of help and parts for my new to me, 91 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Spoken like a true, city boy...:p:

Them thar's fightin' words! But, yes, the city is encroaching on me.

I always carried a whisk broom in my '83 truck (oh, so long ago) out west, but I don't have one in either truck here. It's not really dusty here - it's muddy.

I use a product by Turtle Wax to clean the carpet (forget it's name) - the spray can has a plastic-bristled brush on top. Spray the foam, scrub, vacuum. Works pretty good.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

...The wisk broom also comes in handy for sweeping out your tent..;)

...The wisk broom also comes in handy for sweeping out your tent..;)

I know - I've had my little orange one that snaps into a small dustpan for over 20 years - for just that purpose...

...I took the X out this last weekend and camped at a State Park...I also found out that California is slated to close 80% of the State Parks by July first...
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245873

...I was able to put the X in 4wd on a fire road and got to check out the new AGR steering setup to see how it would work with the Aussie...It still drives like a tank but it is such a great improvement over what it was...

...It takes so much less arm strong steering than it did...I am concerned about the cap that came with the pump as it seems like it may leak under pressure, as it is a little loose for my taste..

..I went to the Army Navy Surplus this weekend and picked up a couple items and found they still have a lot of 50 cal ammo cans for $16 bucks each and I found a camping oven in which Stic-o found at Costco also...
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245936

...I did also have my first freeze dried ice cream sandwich..
http://www.vitacost.com/Mountain-Ho...e-Dried-Yield-1-Serving?csrc=GPF-041133535243

....And I picked up a versatile camping mirror too...
https://www.makariosrv.com/products/Camping-Mirror-by-Coughlan's.html

...I was looking for an old school mess kit, and found the ones made today just aren't the same...:(

...I took the X out this last weekend and camped at a State Park...I also found out that California is slated to close 80% of the State Parks by July first...

What did I tell you? No one is writing arny's script!!!!!

..I went to the Army Navy Surplus this weekend and picked up a couple items and found they still have a lot of 50 cal ammo cans for $16 bucks each

Damn - here at the local pawn shop, they are $7.99.

...I did also have my first freeze dried ice cream sandwich..

Isn't it great? I've been eating that for years - a great snack, whether it is hot or cold out.

....And I picked up a versatile camping mirror too...

The better to see yourself with...

...I was looking for an old school mess kit, and found the ones made today just aren't the same...:(

You're not kidding. Did you see the titanium ones? Expensive, but lightweight. :eek:

...Ammo cans can be found a little cheaper here but they are in high demand by the wheelers, campers, etc...Finding a quantity in good shape is getting harder to find...:(

...I was really surprised on the ice cream sandwich and will be looking for the neopolitan one next...The only problem I found is it crumbles if you don't carefully pack it...

..The mirror...What can I say???...It's for the movie star..:rolleyes:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229208&highlight=movie

...The only mess kits I found were the same ones walmart sells for $5.88...The 5" aluminum 5 piece I think it was...Everyone had the same one except the Army Navy also had a polished center aluminum also for $10...:dunno:

Have you checked REI? I used to go the one in Carson all the time.

Some of their items will be more expensive, but they have a much larger selection.

..I don't walk into REI or Turners out here...Full retail prices...:eek:

...But I have been wanting to go to the new Bass Pro Shop Superstore thats been open for a couple years now...:scratch:

...This week I was able to fix the broken rear window cable problem...Now All my windows work...:biggthump
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248065

...Went to Pismo this last weekend and had a blast...Did the Car Show thing, camped at the County park by the Cantina, and brought home a souvenir from the trip..:rolleyes:

Rear_Window_Fix_014.jpg

What are we lookin at there, the inner fender? :scratch:

It looks like a brake line. But, to the right, I see an axle pivot. I assume something broke - big time?

top of the diff for the win! :)

am i wright?

i say it's a cracked frame rail

...I smooshed me pumpkin...But at least all my windows roll up now...:p:

...And the brake line, that is the vent hose for the pumpkin...It is pulled out and moved to the side...I've already showed this and a couple other little projects to my welding buddy...

...I have drove my X every day since Pismo, right up to last thursday...Last Thursday I discovered another clunk...Another broken Stupidlift RA...

...I am currently looking for another set other than those...:rolleyes:

I know a secret!!!:D and could have provided transport yesterday....:p:

Sas????

...Stic-o, I don't know what you are talking about...:p:

...ScottB, if this economy was better out here, I would so be all over doing a SAS right now...My X's front end is never happy and I've been pretty umm, ..:shifty_ey ..gentle, on it...I want to be able to take it out and be comfortable knowing something won't crack or break every time I do ..:(

Back