• Register Today It's free!

4x4 Low not engaging

xero2099

Reaction score
City, State
Somerville, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Sport Trac xlt v6
on My bro's 07 explorer xlt the 4x4 low is not working when you first start the car it pasess the post test since it lights up up the dash then goes out like normal the 4x4 low and traction control work fine what can i check before brigning it in to shop?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

your post is a little confusing. you say that 4x4 low doesnt work but then you sat 4x4 low and traction control work fine.

sorry if i wasn't clear the auto 4x4 and traction control are working and the 4x4 low lights up when car is first tarted but when you try to switch to it nothing happens

do you the vehicle in neutral when you are shifting into 4x4. u have to shift into 4x4 high then put it in gear n then back to neutral and then into 4x4 low. if you are doing all that then it could be a fuse the switch, wiring or the motor.

do you the vehicle in neutral when you are shifting into 4x4. u have to shift into 4x4 high then put it in gear n then back to neutral and then into 4x4 low. if you are doing all that then it could be a fuse the switch, wiring or the motor.

I can go right from park to neutral to 4x4 low. No need to put it in high first.

will check the fuses today , the weather has not been cooperative the last few days

Back